Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FS: ***SOLD*** TUBI Exhaust for 997.2 2009-2012 $1000 CHEAP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011 | 06:11 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Default FS: ***SOLD*** TUBI Exhaust for 997.2 2009-2012 $1000 CHEAP!

***SOLD*** to local rennlist member.....thanks!

This is a TubI Style exhaust system is for 2009-2012 997.2 cars. The mufflers are in great shape. The crossover pipes have a broken bracket. If you can weld stainless steel you can get this fixed....or....you can order the Sharkwerks rear muffler delete crossover pipes.

This system new sells for $3400. Because you will have to weld on the braket to hold one of the rear pipes....probably a $50 fix or buy new rear Sharkwerks pipes for $697....I am selling this Tubi exhaust for only $1000. So at the most you will have $1700 into a $3400 exhaust.

Again the mufflers are is great shape no issues. One of the rear crossover pipes needs the bracket welded back on. The best thing about Tubi is there is ZERO DRONE....none, no drone at crusing rpm's what so ever. Abover 4000rpm you Porsche will sing and on decelleration you will can a nice rumbling burble sound.

Tubi’s exhaust system for the 997.2 replaces both side mufflers and eliminates the rear center muffler, replacing it with a crossover bypass system. By doing away with the restrictive rear center muffler, exhaust flow is dramatically increased by creating an unobstructed path from the headers to each side muffler. Speaking of side mufflers, Tubi used much of the same technology that made their 997.1 mufflers so popular in the 997.2 system, once again creating a complete exhaust that offers no compromise in performance or sound. In fact, one of the things that makes this Tubi system so unique is its ability to have an aggressive sound when you want it, but remain completely tame under normal driving conditions. And of course, there’s always the additional 15-20 horsepower gain in case the great sound just isn’t enough.
Attached Images      

Last edited by mdrums; 08-27-2011 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-27-2011 | 06:33 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Great price for a nice exhaust system. It looks like the base metal may have failed in the HAZ, guessing from photo. A TIG repair with a 308L wire should last.
Old 08-27-2011 | 06:49 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Will it fit a 997.1? does it cause any DME fault codes?
Old 08-27-2011 | 08:03 PM
KC997C2S
1st Gear

Hi mdrums, Very interested in your Tubi. I can transfer payment via Paypal (verifed address) or bank wire. Please email kevin428cheng@gmail.com for payment details. Thanks
Old 08-27-2011 | 09:23 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
Will it fit a 997.1? does it cause any DME fault codes?
No sorry it wil not fit a 997.1. Tubi does make 997.1 exhaust though...no fault codes..actually no mufflers after the Cats will cause any faults. Tubi also does not drone like some other mufflers do.
Old 08-27-2011 | 09:46 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Damn, I missed these!
Old 08-27-2011 | 10:14 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
***SOLD*** to local rennlist member.....thanks!

This is a TubI Style exhaust system is for 2009-2012 997.2 cars. The mufflers are in great shape. The crossover pipes have a broken bracket. If you can weld stainless steel you can get this fixed....or....you can order the Sharkwerks rear muffler delete crossover pipes.

This system new sells for $3400. Because you will have to weld on the braket to hold one of the rear pipes....probably a $50 fix or buy new rear Sharkwerks pipes for $697....I am selling this Tubi exhaust for only $1000. So at the most you will have $1700 into a $3400 exhaust.

Again the mufflers are is great shape no issues. One of the rear crossover pipes needs the bracket welded back on. The best thing about Tubi is there is ZERO DRONE....none, no drone at crusing rpm's what so ever. Abover 4000rpm you Porsche will sing and on decelleration you will can a nice rumbling burble sound.

Tubi’s exhaust system for the 997.2 replaces both side mufflers and eliminates the rear center muffler, replacing it with a crossover bypass system. By doing away with the restrictive rear center muffler, exhaust flow is dramatically increased by creating an unobstructed path from the headers to each side muffler. Speaking of side mufflers, Tubi used much of the same technology that made their 997.1 mufflers so popular in the 997.2 system, once again creating a complete exhaust that offers no compromise in performance or sound. In fact, one of the things that makes this Tubi system so unique is its ability to have an aggressive sound when you want it, but remain completely tame under normal driving conditions. And of course, there’s always the additional 15-20 horsepower gain in case the great sound just isn’t enough.
Hell of a deal even with the repair required. I got $1,500 for my old 997.1 Tubi which sells new for $2,550. How does the GTS sound to you?
Old 08-27-2011 | 10:54 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Hell of a deal even with the repair required. I got $1,500 for my old 997.1 Tubi which sells new for $2,550. How does the GTS sound to you?
I put the Sharkwerks rear center muffler by pass pipes on the GTS. GTS comes with PSE but it's still to quiet for me...especially at the track...plus PSE is heavy.

If the Tubi didn't sell I would have put it on the GTS. Tubi sound awesome and its light too. I'm going to do a few DE and see if PSE opens up some.
Old 08-28-2011 | 12:39 AM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

I put the Sharkwerks rear center muffler by pass pipes on the GTS. GTS comes with PSE but it's still to quiet for me...especially at the track...plus PSE is heavy.

If the Tubi didn't sell I would have put it on the GTS. Tubi sound awesome and its light too. I'm going to do a few DE and see if PSE opens up some.
Is there a difference in sound, quality, hp etc between tubi and sharwerks that made you go with sharwerks this time?
Old 08-28-2011 | 12:16 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by homer997
Is there a difference in sound, quality, hp etc between tubi and sharwerks that made you go with sharwerks this time?
No nothing to do with that...my GTS comes stock with PSE....PSE with the heavy rear center muffler is still very quiet and it needs the Sharkwerks rear center muffler delete pipes to sound good.

If PSE does not burn up some of the packing in the mufflers in the next few track events I will remove PSE and try something else. If the Tubi didn't sell I would have kept it and installed it on my GTS...but I like to try out different things and I might try out a FVD lightweight center muffler system around Christmas time.
Old 08-29-2011 | 05:50 PM
JSeven
Instructor

No nothing to do with that...my GTS comes stock with PSE....PSE with the heavy rear center muffler is still very quiet and it needs the Sharkwerks rear center muffler delete pipes to sound good.

If PSE does not burn up some of the packing in the mufflers in the next few track events I will remove PSE and try something else. If the Tubi didn't sell I would have kept it and installed it on my GTS...but I like to try out different things and I might try out a FVD lightweight center muffler system around Christmas time.
mdrums did Sharkwerks bypass made a big difference in sound? I also have the PSE and was thinking on dropping this bypass, but Gert from Carnewal told me the inside of the rear center mufler on PSE, is almost a bypass, so I wont notice a big difference !!! What do you have to say about this, is it worth it? Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
Old 08-29-2011 | 08:54 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Originally Posted by JSeven
mdrums did Sharkwerks bypass made a big difference in sound? I also have the PSE and was thinking on dropping this bypass, but Gert from Carnewal told me the inside of the rear center mufler on PSE, is almost a bypass, so I wont notice a big difference !!! What do you have to say about this, is it worth it? Thanks in advance.

J.Seven
If you are looking for a little more sound then yes it's worth it...sounds great on the street and the Sharky by pass is well made. It's not a huge difference and does not make PSE loud to me but it does wake it up. PSE does not drone and the Sharkey does not add any drone sound.

I am contiplating getting a FVD Street/Sport exhaust in a month. If you are not in a hurry and this FVD exhaust works out I'll sell you my Sharkey By-Pass....if not no biggie and you should call Alex at Sharkey and order one.
Old 08-29-2011 | 09:29 PM
JSeven
Instructor

If you are looking for a little more sound then yes it's worth it...sounds great on the street and the Sharky by pass is well made. It's not a huge difference and does not make PSE loud to me but it does wake it up. PSE does not drone and the Sharkey does not add any drone sound.

I am contiplating getting a FVD Street/Sport exhaust in a month. If you are not in a hurry and this FVD exhaust works out I'll sell you my Sharkey By-Pass....if not no biggie and you should call Alex at Sharkey and order one.
Thanks for your honest review. Check your email box.

J.Seven

Quick Reply: FS: ***SOLD*** TUBI Exhaust for 997.2 2009-2012 $1000 CHEAP!