Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possibly picking up a used '07 997S...help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 06:13 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by bsmack
You drive yours year round? Wow...definitely conflicts with my perception. The more I read about sports cars in the winter the more it makes sense. Seems like the ride is uncomfortable compared to an econobox but that in turn will make your reactions better to changing conditions.

EDIT: One thing I did notice when inside the car yesterday is the wing makes a lot of noise when going up/down. Is this normal?
With 60% of the weight over the rear drive wheels, the 911 in snow tires performs better than any front wheel drive car using all season tires. And that is about 80% of all the cars out there. Traction has never been anything less than excellent and deep snow just doesn't exist as the roads in regularly plowed, even in a storm.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:55 PM
bbbradley
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JW911
[edit]almost any car [/edit}in snow tires performs better than any front wheel drive car using all season tires. And that is about 80% of all the cars out there.

Snow tires are the best thing you can do to improve winter traction. All-season tires are lousy in all season.
Old 08-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

check the [DME] over-revs report (don't panic if there are a few) check previous threads in this forum to put the over-revs report into perspective
probably buy the car, it is just like the one I bought and i love it. no issues whatsoever. I didn't know better, so I did not get the report when I bought mine. I got lucky, when I checked the report later it was fine.
Also, get some clear side-markers, especially with that color, I think it will look better.

Quick Reply: Possibly picking up a used '07 997S...help!