Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK vs Manual?

Old 05-25-2015, 03:52 PM
z3mcoupe
Rennlist Member

Received 178 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhist w/GT3
Only a total ***** would buy a Porsche with an automatic transmission...

Real men drive a manual with a clutch.

And they don't leave it in the garage, they take it out and POUND it once in a while.

I lol'd. This is like a post I'd read from the E36 M3 forums when I had one. I think the average age of the E36 M3 owner is a little lower than the typical 911 owner.

I'd had both, and I enjoy both. No doubt you can't beat the connection to the car with a stick and a foot operated clutch. One of the things I love about PDK is being able to keep both hands on the wheel when you're really hustling on a twisty back road.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:33 PM
Austin997.2
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Good idea, but Internet Brand's IT department can't fix the app's parse errors, how can we expect them to police VINs.
I don't know what a parse error is but it makes using the app a royal PITA.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:38 PM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Good idea, but Internet Brand's IT department can't fix the app's parse errors, how can we expect them to police VINs.
Oh dude, that parse error is such a dick in the ***.
Old 05-29-2015, 06:52 AM
max_racer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z3mcoupe
I lol'd. This is like a post I'd read from the E36 M3 forums when I had one. I think the average age of the E36 M3 owner is a little lower than the typical 911 owner.

I'd had both, and I enjoy both. No doubt you can't beat the connection to the car with a stick and a foot operated clutch. One of the things I love about PDK is being able to keep both hands on the wheel when you're really hustling on a twisty back road.
Only losers need two hands to drive on a twisty winding road. Not only do I use one hand but usually just a finger especially on twisty roads near cliffs where one wrong turn will be my last but hey at least I go shifting instead of girly paddling.
Old 05-29-2015, 07:41 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by max_racer
Only losers need two hands to drive on a twisty winding road. Not only do I use one hand but usually just a finger especially on twisty roads near cliffs where one wrong turn will be my last but hey at least I go shifting instead of girly paddling.
Old 05-29-2015, 11:46 AM
Team Plutonium
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[slow clap]
Old 05-29-2015, 02:29 PM
Selo
Rennlist Member

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts

Finally someone who has the courage to tell it like it is!
Old 05-30-2015, 02:53 AM
Racetwin2
Three Wheelin'

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

People can do what they like. I don't care what others do in their cars in terms of shifting. My only concern is if too few manuals are sold there will not be enough manuals out there to find the right used Porsche I want.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:18 AM
sjfehr
Drifting

Received 63 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Racetwin2
People can do what they like. I don't care what others do in their cars in terms of shifting. My only concern is if too few manuals are sold there will not be enough manuals out there to find the right used Porsche I want.
Used market should be easy just from the sheer # of manual cars on the road today; it's the new market that's drying up. I mean, there hasn't been a car built with a hand-crank start and manual timing adjustment in about 70 years, but you can still find & drive them if you really want to.
Old 07-06-2015, 07:04 PM
max_racer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda but your mom don't seem to mind.

Originally Posted by silent slayer
max_racer are you a short boy?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: PDK vs Manual?