Sponsored by:

Help 6speedonline.com

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 10:12 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Help 6speedonline.com

Can someone help me with 6speedonline.com? I signed up to be able to post and view pics from there. I am currently trying to get hold of a member from that site but i can't. It says the following message "jgoga, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

I clicked the link i received to activate the acct and still no access. I tried to get a hold of the administrators and the email comes back.

What am i doing wrong?

Thank you,

John
Old 07-06-2011, 12:30 AM
ecostellodo
Rennlist Member

Received 26 Likes on 10 Posts

I think you have to have a minimum number of posts (30) before you can pm people.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:20 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jgoga
Can someone help me with 6speedonline.com? I signed up to be able to post and view pics from there. I am currently trying to get hold of a member from that site but i can't. It says the following message "jgoga, you do not have permission to access this page.[...] What am i doing wrong?
Darned if I know, but I'll tell the moderators. Send me your e-mail address and your user name at that site using my e-mail that I'll post to you via private message.

Gary
Old 07-06-2011, 10:38 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

Thank you for helping. I just sent it.

John
Old 07-07-2011, 09:01 AM
mrzoop
deviated
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Yup - that's s.o.p. on 6speed. I've been lurking there for quite awhile. They are very rules-oriented and require minimum posts for many things that would be considered 'normal' everywhere else. Seems rather 'anti-welcoming' or exclusive. I'd rather go to somewhere more inclusive.
Old 07-07-2011, 02:59 PM
CarGuy21
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mrzoop
Yup - that's s.o.p. on 6speed. I've been lurking there for quite awhile. They are very rules-oriented and require minimum posts for many things that would be considered 'normal' everywhere else. Seems rather 'anti-welcoming' or exclusive. I'd rather go to somewhere more inclusive.
I agree. I don't mean to diss their site as there are many from here that also post there. However, they are very sponsor revenue oriented and rather strict with their "enforcement."

Someone else mentioned needing a minimum number of posts to PM others, etc. and yes, that is the case.
Old 07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
winkingchef
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I think you need to to prove you have >= 20" wheels installed on your car in order to post on 6speedonline.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:56 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

I tried multiple times to sign up on 6Speedonline 5 years ago. After the 4th failed attempt, I gave up. Haven't gone back since.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 PM
jgoga
Rennlist Member

That's the thing, i can't even post anything. I can't even see the photos people upload on the forums.

John
Old 07-07-2011, 11:30 PM
sclemmons
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Better content here, IMHO. Unless you like modified cars and watches.
Old 07-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by winkingchef
I think you need to to prove you have >= 20" wheels installed on your car in order to post on 6speedonline.
more like 20 post, I don't see the problem here, you can get 15 post in your welcome thread, this is to prevent bots from spamming the site.

6speedonline seem to have a lot younger group (30 y/o) and likes to modified their cars. You'll see a lot more 'new shoe's and 'new mod' type threads then here. This forum has a lot of everyday Porsche threads. They are both different in a good way. If they were both the same I would not visit both forums, pick one and call it a day. Both forums have a lot of similar members, variety is a spice of life. No need to diss another forum, if you don't like it then don't visit.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:19 PM
BC-997
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
more like 20 post, I don't see the problem here, you can get 15 post in your welcome thread, this is to prevent bots from spamming the site.

6speedonline seem to have a lot younger group (30 y/o) and likes to modified their cars. You'll see a lot more 'new shoe's and 'new mod' type threads then here. This forum has a lot of everyday Porsche threads. They are both different in a good way. If they were both the same I would not visit both forums, pick one and call it a day. Both forums have a lot of similar members, variety is a spice of life. No need to diss another forum, if you don't like it then don't visit.
+1. I think it's a pretty good forum and pretty welcoming to new members. Different from this forum but that's a good thing. Lot's of DIY posts since many members do mod their cars - some tastefully, some not so much.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:13 PM
phaphaphooey
Pro

Originally Posted by winkingchef
So true. Bling bling is the name of the game. Members there tend to be very focused on aesthetic mods there, for better or for worse. That is my observation from being on both that site and this site for the better part of 5 years.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

You're not missing much. it's a very controlled forum. They're not really interested in members helping educate members--their focus is upon income production--period.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:42 AM
BC-997
Rennlist Member

So true ...I haven't seen a thread over there yet on why brake rotors turn brown after you wash your car...or the 50+ posts of 'helpful' information on how to prevent it.

No need to dis the other forum - both Forums along with Rennteam offer something for every type of Porsche enthusiast.

Quick Reply: Help 6speedonline.com