Sponsored by:

Got a GTS

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:38 PM
gpjli2
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jok
The GTS is significantly quicker than a first generation C2S. I made that change four months ago and can assure you it's well worth the money..
Perhaps w pdk from a standstill. I would have to be convinced as to the results of a 1st gear roll on. I'm in NY on the Island
Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Weltyspc
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No camera=no pics

No camera, just an iphone. Will post some better pics later this week. My first flat 6 with my flat 4.... Really like the PDK. Came out of a M3 with a 6 speed manuel & was ready to do the same again. Glad I drove the PDK again. The folks @ Walter's Porsche were very nice. Could drive anything we wanted with no salesperson. Took our time & choose the PDK.
Attached Images  
Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Weltyspc
No camera, just an iphone. Will post some better pics later this week. My first flat 6 with my flat 4.... Really like the PDK. Came out of a M3 with a 6 speed manuel & was ready to do the same again. Glad I drove the PDK again. The folks @ Walter's Porsche were very nice. Could drive anything we wanted with no salesperson. Took our time & choose the PDK.
OK....you have the secret password

Enter the clubhouse brother
Old 06-21-2011, 08:00 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gpjli2
Perhaps w pdk from a standstill. I would have to be convinced as to the results of a 1st gear roll on. I'm in NY on the Island
I was going to buy one last week. After an extended test drive I wasn't totally in love. The 997.1 has more character FWIW, the new GTS seems a little tame to me, faster, Yes for sure. But I think Porsche has dialed in the handling so well that even though it is faster, to me it defiantly doesn't feel it. THe sound, is terrible IMO, Lower rumble when the PSE is active, especially taking off in 1st gear, otherwise!! Not even close to old car, I hate the HP injector sound, clicking away and not as much intake growl..

The car i had, had very low oil pressure, which apparently is normal. It never got above 4 bar, even when cold and at 65mph it was running around 2.0 bar. During cold start-up the engine sounded as if it was and old chevy with no oil in it. Rapping and clicking like lifters on starved v8.. This wasn't the injectors.

Do others see this low oil pressure? is it characteristic of that engine?

I love the look of the wide body, the steering wheel is great. the cockpit is nicer with the revised Nav screen.

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid on this one.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper

I'm not drinking the Kool Aid on this one.
Make mine grape!

Quick Reply: Got a GTS