Sponsored by:

LF feedback on Auto Gallery Woodland Hills CA

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 08:55 PM
sjinto
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LF feedback on Auto Gallery Woodland Hills CA

I never thought I would purchase a car sight unseen but I'm getting pretty close!

Any feedback on this dealer??... good or bad

I will definitely coordinate a PPI (any SoCal people that could recommend options would be greatly appreciated)... it seems that Beverly Hills Porsche is close-by... any other options for me?

Cheers
Old 04-13-2011, 09:05 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ive bought three cars from them in the past, they are a typical dealership. What car are you looking at? I could swing by and take a look if that would be helpful. Not an real expert though...
Old 04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 292 Likes on 144 Posts

They bought my leased 997 for $10k more than the buyout back in summer 2008, in less than a 15 minute transaction, which I was very pleased with. Unfortunately for them, they marked it up ~$10k more, and it sat on their lot through most of the recession.

I made a very fair offer on a new GT3 of theirs two years later, and they were totally unreasonable with negotiation. That car sat for a long while, too.

Anyway, bottom line is that, in my experience, they expect over market value for their cars. I leased both my 997 and Spyder elsewhere.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:04 PM
sbpsu354
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The used car manager is good people. I'd buy from them
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 AM
sjinto
Intermediate

Thanks for the input!.... I'm dealing with D Lang - the guy definitely seems to be on the ball so far
Old 04-14-2011, 09:50 AM
sjinto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CodeRed
Ive bought three cars from them in the past, they are a typical dealership. What car are you looking at? I could swing by and take a look if that would be helpful. Not an real expert though...

That would be awesome!... I'm looking at the 2009 Basalt Black 911 w/ Terracotta interior

I'm in the east coast so any SoCal help I can get to view this car would be fantastic
Old 04-14-2011, 12:09 PM
sjinto
Intermediate

I just spoke with Callas Rennsport re: a PPI

Sounds like a very thorough inspection and I'm hoping to take it there

Any other good shops relatively close to Woodland Hills?
Old 04-14-2011, 12:27 PM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

I will try to stop by AG tomorrow...fighting a bad cold rt now.
Old 04-14-2011, 03:54 PM
sjinto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CodeRed
I will try to stop by AG tomorrow...fighting a bad cold rt now.
Thanks CodeRed... tomorrow the car is going to Callas Rennsport for the PPI then back to AG for CPO

Old 04-15-2011, 03:35 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was looking a few years ago and found the lead salesperson to be somewhat disrespectful in manner and unrealistic re pricing. I can't remember his name and don't know if he is still there. I ended out going up the street to Rusnak TO and buying, in what felt more like a professional business transaction ... YMMV, but don't put up with any bs.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:32 PM
sjinto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 997, esq
I was looking a few years ago and found the lead salesperson to be somewhat disrespectful in manner and unrealistic re pricing. I can't remember his name and don't know if he is still there. I ended out going up the street to Rusnak TO and buying, in what felt more like a professional business transaction ... YMMV, but don't put up with any bs.
It's funny you say that... I've sensed an attitude shift since I finalized the total price (subject to PPI)... I'm hoping this salesguy doesn't disappoint or become a problem

I fully expect that they will fix (at no extra cost) whatever negative issues come out of the inspection (within reason)

Although I already dropped some coin in the deal (PPI cost) - I'm totally willing to walk away if I have to

After all I'm the guy putting out the 75k
Old 04-16-2011, 01:03 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

Keep us posted on the PPi results and GL
Old 04-16-2011, 01:28 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sjinto
It's funny you say that... I've sensed an attitude shift since I finalized the total price (subject to PPI)... I'm hoping this salesguy doesn't disappoint or become a problem

I fully expect that they will fix (at no extra cost) whatever negative issues come out of the inspection (within reason)

Although I already dropped some coin in the deal (PPI cost) - I'm totally willing to walk away if I have to

After all I'm the guy putting out the 75k
We bought our 2009 dot two from Auto Gallery and we were satisfied. On the other hand, we are very experienced and take for granted that certain negotiating tactics will arise. So we come prepared mentally and sometimes in other ways.

In this case, we arrived with a prearranged appointment at a nearby Mercedes dealer and, slightly farther away, at Beverly Hills Porsche. We had firm offers from both places and cheerfully stood up at one point, thanking the Sales Manager and the closely attached salesman for their time and remarking that we just had time to make our appointment at BHP. They accepted our offer.

You're coming all the way from faraway places with mystic customs. Take advantage of that. Insist on working with the sales manager, though he'll have a salesman handy for his scutwork of course. Also, you might prepare yourself the same way we did. If not to the extent of making appointments at places like Rusnak and BHP, then at least spend a few minutes on the internet ahead of time and check their inventories. It would be about as useful to be able to say at some point: "Rusnak has a nice TT I really want to check since I came all this way, and it's obvious we're a little further apart here than I expected." For TT, substitute something interesting on the website of those other dealers. You get the idea.

Gary
Old 04-16-2011, 01:36 AM
CodeRed
Rennlist Member

...its all part of the game, no matter where you go really.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:30 PM
sjinto
Intermediate

Originally Posted by simsgw
We bought our 2009 dot two from Auto Gallery and we were satisfied. On the other hand, we are very experienced and take for granted that certain negotiating tactics will arise. So we come prepared mentally and sometimes in other ways.

In this case, we arrived with a prearranged appointment at a nearby Mercedes dealer and, slightly farther away, at Beverly Hills Porsche. We had firm offers from both places and cheerfully stood up at one point, thanking the Sales Manager and the closely attached salesman for their time and remarking that we just had time to make our appointment at BHP. They accepted our offer.

You're coming all the way from faraway places with mystic customs. Take advantage of that. Insist on working with the sales manager, though he'll have a salesman handy for his scutwork of course. Also, you might prepare yourself the same way we did. If not to the extent of making appointments at places like Rusnak and BHP, then at least spend a few minutes on the internet ahead of time and check their inventories. It would be about as useful to be able to say at some point: "Rusnak has a nice TT I really want to check since I came all this way, and it's obvious we're a little further apart here than I expected." For TT, substitute something interesting on the website of those other dealers. You get the idea.

Gary
Good advice here Gary - thanks dude... after getting some prelim PPI notes I'm gonna decide soon regarding a trip to SoCal next week in an effort to finalize (under my terms of course)

Will def heed your advice re: Rusnak and BHP

Quick Reply: LF feedback on Auto Gallery Woodland Hills CA