Car cuts out

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 AM
Gas Passer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car cuts out

Anyone have this happen to them....
Out for a drive in my '07 911S and rolling up to a stop sign, in neutral and car cuts off. Check engine light and take car to workshop. Able to restart and get home. No cell phone with me. Every time I get less than 10 MPH car cuts off. No odd odors or leaks noticed. Dealer was closing in 15 mins and would not wait for me to get towed in. Is this a fuel pump issue?? Luckily car is under its original warrant and is CPO until 6/13. NO issues with car, was just in a month or so ago and got clean bill of health other than a weeping RMS which dealer said will be covered under warranty. Car has 35500 miles. Kinda worried.

Always let oil temp rise to 200 degrees before exceeding 4K RPM, no short trips and driven at least once a week, more when weather permitting. I have put 12K miles in my 14 months of ownership.

Will have fingers crossed. Will not be able to have car towed to dealer until Thursday.
Old 02-27-2011, 10:32 AM
997_rich
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

Many things it could be- fuel pump, fuel line check valve, oxygen sensor, air flow sensor... etc etc. Someone else might be able to attest to the frequency of one or the other.

Quick Reply: Car cuts out