Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A couple of interior mods

Old 02-07-2011, 11:52 AM
Dave's911
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cab&coupe
Nicely done Dave. I may have to opt for the console lid... I have the XM radio add on too. Fits the space very well.
Thanks Craig. Yeah the previous owner fitted the Serius module, it works well.
Dave.

Last edited by Dave's911; 02-07-2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-07-2011, 12:09 PM
Musclehedz101
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave's911
Hi, I think I may have confused you with my initial explanation. The piece I changed is the small leather piece that goes in front of the gear shift boot. Not the panels on each side of the PCM.
Those panels are leather, as is my dash. I can get you a picture of the PCM/dash area if you'd like, although that's not what I changed.
Dave.
ahhh.... I see, said the blind man.
Thanks for clearing that up, no need to post pics in that case. Unless you just want to make me jealous!

Last edited by Musclehedz101; 02-07-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:57 PM
purrybonker
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All pieces were a breeze to install using instructions from MAcarbon's website. It probably took me less than an hour in total.
I also installed the console cover with Porsche crest - only difference is that mine IS the premium leather version. Because I have the "special leather" two-tone full leather interior I chose not to gamble on getting the cheaper version.

Looks like the only difference is that I paid a stupidity tax!

Check these out, my new cover looks pretty much identical to yours...

I definitely like the changes you've made (great taste on the color choice!).

I will probably change the section in front of the shift boot, as you have done. Did you find instructions for R & R ing that section on the MACarbon site as well?
Attached Images     
Old 02-07-2011, 07:30 PM
Dave's911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by purrybonker
I also installed the console cover with Porsche crest - only difference is that mine IS the premium leather version. Because I have the "special leather" two-tone full leather interior I chose not to gamble on getting the cheaper version.

Looks like the only difference is that I paid a stupidity tax!

Check these out, my new cover looks pretty much identical to yours...

I definitely like the changes you've made (great taste on the color choice!).

I will probably change the section in front of the shift boot, as you have done. Did you find instructions for R & R ing that section on the MACarbon site as well?
Wow, that does look remarkably similar. I am not the sort of person who usually goes for the low cost option, and I am sure that if I didn't like the cheaper one, it would only have been a matter of time before I changed it again. It was a decision I struggled with for some time. My wife just says I'm ****!

The MAcarbon site has great information regarding changing parts. The actually do a carbon version of that piece also, with instructions. However, the instructions to change the carbon piece I installed required that you removed the leather piece first, so it was all part of the same upgrade, if that makes sense.

Good luck with your changes.
Dave.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Dave's911
Rennlist Member

I also installed the console cover with Porsche crest
I do have a question for you though. I notice in your pictures that the length of the center console is different to mine. I have a small storage bin behind the console lid, whereas yours seems to go straight to a carpeted area? Not seen that before. Do you know what the difference is? Is yours a 997.2?
Dave
Old 02-07-2011, 07:50 PM
purrybonker
Pro

I do have a question for you though. I notice in your pictures that the length of the center console is different to mine. I have a small storage bin behind the console lid, whereas yours seems to go straight to a carpeted area? Not seen that before. Do you know what the difference is? Is yours a 997.2?
Dave
Mine is a Cab - 2006
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2011, 07:55 PM
Dave's911
Rennlist Member

Mine is a Cab - 2006
Got it, thanks. Beautiful car!
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM
porka
Banned

is the cheaper version still leather? just not premium correct?
Old 05-29-2013, 04:54 AM
s329
Racer

I wanted to opt for the cheaper console lid (with crest) but because my interior is carrera red, it wasn't available in that color according to Suncoast. So my only option was to order the premium version. The quality is great and matches the rest of the car perfectly (had to wait 6 weeks until it was finished in Germany). Having said that, my first choice would have been the cheaper version. I think the ne plus ultra of leather interior trim bits is the leather wrapped center console but good god those things are expensive! I sat in a car with the full leather console and it really did make it feel special, more "italian" shall we say. Love the interiors on both Cobalt cars.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:54 AM
sulu911
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Nicely done

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A couple of interior mods