Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with my 2010 carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 04:36 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Please keep us updated, expecially the Canadians from the Toronto area!

Your search at the MTO will answer everything. If the carfax is wrong, then DFC should assist in getting this corrected for you. They sold you a new car and should clear up any issues with the VIN (i.e. reported as "used").

The safety inspection on January 16th seems fishy and points to the car being "used". As far as I know, a safety inspection is not required on a new car, but is required on a used car not matter the age (i.e. safety inspection is required even if the car was registered to another owner for even 1-day)
Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
petee1997
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think this car was new. It sometimes happens that someone buys a car, doesn't take delivery or takes a didifferent one. In the meantime the first sale got registered and cacelled and no physical delivery occured.
As far as the price is concerned, that is water under the bridge. You probably did better than $8,000.00 discount because your BMW was worth more than $30,000.00 but certainly not $44,000.00 wholesale. Keep in mind this car would probably not be retailed by a Porsche dealer. Therefore there was probably some over allowance given for your BMW and that should be added to your discount.
A lawyer may get you some money on a technicality but as sure as God made little green apples, that will be going to him.
If I were you I would be happy with my car,after all it had 35km on it and those are test miles from the factory and dealer PDI. As far as value is concerned at trade in time,three things make the value of a car, 1) the model year and equipment 2)condition 3)mileage. Nothing has changed here.
Keep in mind all expensive cars have terrible depreciation and that is the nature of the beast. If this is a DD expect to lose 45 to 50% of the value over the next three years. Get the most out of it that you can in the meantime. Good luck, we all forget the price if we love the car.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 885 Likes on 583 Posts

Originally Posted by mschwa3439
u overpayed on this car by about $5500
wow, keep spreading the good vibes man...................
Old 02-01-2011, 05:21 AM
Maurier
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will have all the answears today and will keep you up to date.
Keep in mind that I really like this car and I want to keep it. I am not really obsessing over the price=)
My main concern here is if this car had a previous owner making it a pre owned vehicle.
I know some of you guys say " enjoy the car forget about it it only had 35KM" but I really can't do that it is a question of princeples at this point. If this is true , wich I doubt and hope carfax is wrong, I am not going to be happy.
One more thing I found out today .............I called the financial company and was told that that used car entry was put on the papers by the sales manager at porsche. Instead I was told by my sale rep. that it was a typo from the finance company.
I am not a lawyer but I believe selling a pre owned car for new, even if the car was technically only registered to someone else name only for one day, it is not legal and I am certain that I will be entitle to a lot more then just a small compensation.
I will not go that way but they will have to make me walk out of the dealer with a big smile on my face. I am pretty sure people can loose their job over something like this and it would be foolish to pull this one on anyone.
No matter what I really like my car and I sincerely hope this is all a big missunderstanding.

PS

Keep in mind I am a very meticulous person , almost to a fault , and like things to be perfect just the way I want them. So for me this is a big deal. I was told by my sale rep that the passenger side door mirror will tilt when the car is in reverse. Mine was not doing it and that worried me =) I called him and asked him about it and he told me it should do it. I later found out ont he manual that that function you only get it if you have seats with the memory thingy.

Now don't go laugh behind me back I hear you=)

I think Petee1997 is correct or at leats I hope=) when he said "In the meantime the first sale got registered and cacelled and no physical delivery occured" so maybe I will show to be the only owner. I don't know the laws and technicals aspect of all of this but I REALLY doubt a big dealer like that would pull something like this it would be foolish.

Last edited by Maurier; 02-01-2011 at 05:40 AM.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:50 AM
Maurier
Track Day

Well good news I checked everything today and the car had no previous owners=)
I am guessing that carfax is not that accurate.
I am glad.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:19 PM
JasonKM
Racer

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

I would have the dealer "fix" the finance paperwork and also have them take care of the carfax error. They sold you a new VIN so the VIN should be shown as new (Carfax, MTO, finance paper work, etc.).
Why is this important? God forbid you ever get into a major accident where the car is written, most insurance companies will do a full replacement if within 2 years, but if the car is "used" then they pay you what they think is market value. Trust me, if the insurance company can find any reason to call it used, they will and good luck trying to fight it at that point.
Old 02-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Maurier
Well good news I checked everything today and the car had no previous owners=)
I am guessing that carfax is not that accurate.
I am glad.
Good to hear it all worked out. Now go drive and enjoy your new car!
Old 02-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Maurier
Track Day

Originally Posted by JasonKM
I would have the dealer "fix" the finance paperwork and also have them take care of the carfax error. They sold you a new VIN so the VIN should be shown as new (Carfax, MTO, finance paper work, etc.).
Why is this important? God forbid you ever get into a major accident where the car is written, most insurance companies will do a full replacement if within 2 years, but if the car is "used" then they pay you what they think is market value. Trust me, if the insurance company can find any reason to call it used, they will and good luck trying to fight it at that point.
Good advice I didn't even think of that. Will do that tomorrow.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Maurier
Track Day

Originally Posted by Ucube
Good to hear it all worked out. Now go drive and enjoy your new car!
I wish I could =/ The weather is crap down here at the moment. I will have to drive in my Jetta TDI =/

Quick Reply: Help with my 2010 carrera S