Sponsored by:

First Post on Rennlist: I had my 1st real experience with a Porsche today

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 11:13 PM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by paver
You know,I was just wondering if I could skip over the Performance course since I'm not interested in the off road component. Is that the case? If so, it wouldn't put me in over my head?
In my earlier post, I'm not sure if it came through clearly but what I was trying to say was that the pdk made the car have so much power on tap for acceleration that it was crazy fast! Coming over the hill crest out of turn 4...whew!

Again, thanks to all for the encouragement!
Unfortunately you cannot skip over their course sessions, you need to follow them through. Which isn't a bad thing IMO, considering it's always good to learn heel/toe techniques in someone elses car
The off road component is only to show you the abilities of the 4X4 cayenne. This is only to help them push the Porsche brand and get you in as many models as they can.
I heard they've added a GT3 to the list, not sure if the students get a ride with an instructor or not??
Old 01-29-2011, 11:48 PM
IMGT3
Former Vendor

Your making good decisions and we're looking forward to hearing your reactions to the journey! It bring back fond memories to us all!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:44 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by chopperzz
I heard they've added a GT3 to the list, not sure if the students get a ride with an instructor or not??
This was on the scene yesterday. No students allowed though. Only Cass drove it. And he was getting paid to do so
Attachment 508594

Last edited by paver; 04-02-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 AM
chopperzz
Burning Brakes

did they take students for a lap in it at least?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:06 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Unfortunately not. He said it was there for what sounded like an evaluation prior to being shipped to the west coast for a marketing event.

Instructor hot laps were done with turbos and panamera turbos.

Quick Reply: First Post on Rennlist: I had my 1st real experience with a Porsche today