Sponsored by:

Current Market Pricing for '08 Targa 4S

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 03:33 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Current Market Pricing for '08 Targa 4S

Greetings all. I have been slowly whittling at my options for a first 911 and it is coming down to the Targa 4S. Found a beautiful 1-owner '08 shown below at an indy dealer with almost 24,000 on the clock. Options include Tiptronic S, Sport Chrono Plus, Nav, Bose, Makassar package, etc... MSRP was $123K, asking $71.9.

Just trying to get a feel for current pricing to see if this is in the ballpark. KBB shows $72.1K and NADA shows $76.65 but wondering if anyone has some recent, real-world experience.

Thanks for your help!!

Last edited by Bullit; 01-19-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: picture did not load
Old 01-19-2011, 03:35 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Bullit; 01-19-2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Finally got picture to load!
Old 01-19-2011, 03:46 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Gorgeous car. I had a 07 T4S, 6 speed, well optioned, similar miles, with MSRP of $113k, and sold it about a year ago for $65k. At that time, selling a Targa was not easy, which is why they depreciate more quickly IMO. I haven't priced them lately, but I would have to think yours should go for less than $65k, especially given it is a tiptronic. Good luck. They are wonderful cars.

Last edited by KeninBlaine; 10-12-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:56 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by keninirvine
Gorgeous car. I had a 07 T4S, 6 speed, well optioned, similar miles, with MSRP of $113k, and sold it about a year ago for $65k. At that time, selling a Targa was not easy, which is why they depreciate more quickly IMO. I haven't priced them lately, but I would have to think yours should go for less than $65k, especially given it is a tiptronic. Good luck. They are wonderful cars.
Thanks very much for the input! Being a Tip and a Targa, I realize this car is in a micro-niche within the 997 line...that's why I like it! Best to you....
Old 01-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

not a lot of help but Pfaff in Toronto have a 2007 pretty loaded - Atlas grey; full leather; adaptive sport seats; navi; turbo wheels 23k km (15k miles); CPO'd

they want $88k Cdn - it is a really nice machine and i suspect $84k might fly. we have a 6% import duty up here for German cars - so if you take 94% of this price it is coming in at the high $70's which is top pricing but some indication of what you are seeing.

if i were closer to the dealer i would certainly take a look at it. Atlas grey is one of my favourite colours
Old 01-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Cpa4S
not a lot of help but Pfaff in Toronto have a 2007 pretty loaded - Atlas grey; full leather; adaptive sport seats; navi; turbo wheels 23k km (15k miles); CPO'd

they want $88k Cdn - it is a really nice machine and i suspect $84k might fly. we have a 6% import duty up here for German cars - so if you take 94% of this price it is coming in at the high $70's which is top pricing but some indication of what you are seeing.

if i were closer to the dealer i would certainly take a look at it. Atlas grey is one of my favourite colours
Thanks very much. Greatly appreciate the pricing info!
Old 01-24-2011, 07:31 PM
lennyg
Intermediate

Know that this ones been on the market for a while. Take a good close look and be sure to get a solid PPI and the like by a reputable local dealer. He's been quite firm on his price point. Best of luck.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:34 PM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

I'd opt for an '07 turbo if I was willing to pay low to mid 70's. Yes, it will have more miles -- but it will also have a GT1 engine and worlds better performance.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 PM
pabafree95
Advanced

Just got 08 targa 4s CPO October 2010. It was loaded w/ every option.
With taxes/regist/title/ whole shabang was $76k. (28,500 miles)

Definite pay a little extra and get CPO: my car had a knocking noise, scored cylinder, engine replaced,
now only with 190 miles. Running fine, snow tires, so truly an all year DD even on the east coast.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

lennyg, thanks for the heads up. I've seen this one listed in 4-5 different places. Already learned that it had a little touch-up on the front bumper. Will definitely make any deal subject to a satisfactory PPI.

amerlemans, I'm about at the point where an '07 turbo is looking really good, given this price point!

pabafree95, thanks alot for the data! Real-world numbers much better than anything on KBB, NADA, etc...Hope you're enjoying the new ride!!

Thanks again to all!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:08 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

My advice would be that, if you really want a Targa, stick with a Targa. If you don't really need or want one, and are willing to consider a TT, then why not also consider a C2S or C4S too? You'll have far more choices with those models than with a Targa. Good luck.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

My advice would be that, if you really want a Targa, stick with a Targa. If you don't really need or want one, and are willing to consider a TT, then why not also consider a C2S or C4S too? You'll have far more choices with those models than with a Targa. Good luck.
Thanks for the reality check! I might just have to be patient as I have only begun to search. Targa is still the one for me.....
Old 01-25-2011, 03:26 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Originally Posted by Bullit
Thanks for the reality check! I might just have to be patient as I have only begun to search. Targa is still the one for me.....
Don't worry, you're not the first one to stray into new territory when looking for a car. On numerous occasions I've been very tempted with both 997 TT and 993 TT's, but have successfully brought myself back to the reality of what I really want and need. The problem is, they are all nice, so it is hard to focus on what is actually best suited for your specific needs. In my case, after owning a cab, I thought a Targa would be a better match for me. But after a year, I realized that the cab was preferable here in So Cal where the weather is so perfect for a cab, so I sold the Targa and got another cab. But if I was in a less desirable climate, I would definitely have kept the Targa.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:32 PM
Bullit
Rennlist Member

Don't worry, you're not the first one to stray into new territory when looking for a car. On numerous occasions I've been very tempted with both 997 TT and 993 TT's, but have successfully brought myself back to the reality of what I really want and need. The problem is, they are all nice, so it is hard to focus on what is actually best suited for your specific needs. In my case, after owning a cab, I thought a Targa would be a better match for me. But after a year, I realized that the cab was preferable here in So Cal where the weather is so perfect for a cab, so I sold the Targa and got another cab. But if I was in a less desirable climate, I would definitely have kept the Targa.
Appreciate your thoughts. You're exactly right - they're all really nice. I guess that's the problem (but a great one!). I've always been drawn to the Targa. Living in Dallas, it would definitely work great for the varying weather conditions we have here. I also really like the look. Something about that side rail and the rear end....Thanks again for the guidance!
Old 01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 126 Posts

Bullit, I just picked up a mint 09 Targa 4, 16k miles. Fully loaded PDK,NAV, PCCB, Turbo Wheels Etc. The sticker was ~$127k. Car still has ~2 years of original warrnety left. Bought it from a highly recomended non Porsche dealer that just had the 20k maintaince performed at Porsche as well as replaced all the tires. Paid 74k. Hope that helps

Quick Reply: Current Market Pricing for '08 Targa 4S