Sponsored by:

No Dealership!!??

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:49 PM
f4 plt
Rennlist Member

Received 160 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by raspritz
There is no comparison. PR is 110 miles long and even in the 1960s had major straight roads running the length of the island on the north and south shores (with a ring run of ~250 miles), not to mention the many windy roads through the mountains. Porsche territory. These days PR has a Porsche dealership and is a full-scale PCA region.
You are correct, in 1967 PR did have a long straight road along the north coast BUT the speed limit was slow and slowed further by many little conjested areas and lets just say interesting drivers. Now there was a four lane section west of Ramey ... and well patrolled. Would like to go back and see the changes. Enjoyed the three years there. Well my wife and son were there I was TDY all over the world.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not ship my P-car to a country that has no dealership and only a half-dozen P-cars around, no less. With so few P-cars to work on, I'd be wary of the level of expertise of the local indy, even if there's one. Sure I can have fun in a 911 in any country, but imagine the worst that happen if there isn't a dealership with trained techs?

Quick Reply: No Dealership!!??