Sponsored by:

sport mode retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 01:11 AM
eamesonly
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sport mode retrofit

I posted a new thread because everyone throws in chrono... The thread is accurate listed as a sport mode retrofit...

I had the sport mode retrofit intalled by the dealer on my 08 c2s today... about an hour of labor with taxes it was about $144--i used the 20% coupon to order the parts/retrofit and with taxes it was a little over $900.00

I kind of love it... Not for serious racing but when you feel like a bit of speed... it really gets aggressive and to me it's like driving two different vehicles...flys through rpms!!!

i have to say that for a little over a thousand dollars it's really a great way to dial up the fun... tech said that it changes the mapping, increases the oxygen, adjust both psm and pasm so it's a synchronized choreography of the porsche systems...

even though mines a mt i still would highly recommend....

bst...
Old 12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
RED 997
Advanced

Good to know and timely post for me as I just ordered parts on Wednesday. First one for my dealership and finding the correct part numbers was a bear. Did you have to order a switch trim plate to match your interior or is the switch and trim plate one piece? Thanks, Randy.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:51 PM
eamesonly
Cruisin'

it's one piece... the buttons are already integrated. Depending on your current switches there were two options... I had the pasm, psm and tail buttons... So they ordered the version with the sport, tail, pasm, psm... It is basically two part numbers one for the evu code and one for the button module...

They had a difficult time as well finding the part numbers. I had them reference the suncoast site to make it happen.

Then called me to tell me the parts were--in to schedule the install. The next day they called me back and told me they need to send an e-mail to germany with the code and get a response. They were able to get the response in one day so it didn't affect the appointment.

when i originally ordered it was i believe the 23rd of dec. They said that the parts were avail and ready for shipment. They received them on following tuesday and installed by 11:00am on thursday... less than a week...

Great job @ Porsche of North Houston...

After the most painful experience of all time with a car--our ml 320 mb and the service gm at mercedes... Porsche service has been a dreammmmm!!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 02:06 PM
RED 997
Advanced

Thanks eamesonly!
Old 12-31-2010, 05:32 PM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

I had mine installed a couple of weeks at Porsche of the Village in Cincinnati. You can tell a difference off idle with a quick throttle input. I'm curious to see how it reacts on the track with PSM.
Old 12-31-2010, 11:30 PM
haivle
Banned

does any porsche dealer do that ? or only some
Old 01-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Alan C.
Rennlist Member

Received 998 Likes on 515 Posts

Any Porsche dealer should be able to add the feature.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:29 PM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Anyone have the part numbers handy? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:07 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Michael: I already posted this response for you in 6Speed. By the way, there is an ongoing PCNA eCoupon for 20% off MSRP until end of March, 2011. So take advantage of it. See link below from Boardwalk but it applies to all participating Porsche dealers in the US.

http://boardwalk.porschedealer.com/2...36/special.php

Price for this Sport Chrono 'software' at Suncoast (below) might already be discounted at 20%, so you will have to check.

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...7S_electronics

Another good discount source is Sunset Porsche in Oregon.

Saludos, z356 (Carmel)
Old 02-27-2011, 12:31 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the sport mode retrofit on mine recently and am thrilled with it. When engaged the throttle response makes the car feel more sharp and "snappy". It's great to have this choice.

When I was searching for my car I asked if the sport chrono option was a must have. Most responders said no so I bought my car without it. I can only imagine they were talking about the dash timer only.The sport button is definitely a must have. I'm glad I was able to add it.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:56 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by eamesonly
…tech said that it changes the mapping, increases the oxygen, adjust both psm and pasm so it's a synchronized choreography of the porsche systems…
Just in the interest of accuracy -- Sport Chrono/Sport mode does not impact intake or increase the oxygen or alter PASM. All it does is relax PSM and change it so that full throttle is achieved with less movement of the gas pedal.

It does not increase engine horsepower or torque or alter the performance capabilities of the car (in a manual, non-turbo car).
Old 02-27-2011, 03:47 AM
Jastx
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
Just in the interest of accuracy -- Sport Chrono/Sport mode does not impact intake or increase the oxygen or alter PASM. All it does is relax PSM and change it so that full throttle is achieved with less movement of the gas pedal.

It does not increase engine horsepower or torque or alter the performance capabilities of the car (in a manual, non-turbo car).
Agreed, but it DOES change the feel of driving the car (even a manual, non-turbp car) and it's great to have that option. It's a more responsive feel -- quite dramatic -- even if doesn't change the ultimate performance capability. You can achieve the same effect, I suppose, by mashing your foot to the floor, but that is not the same feel as driving with the remapped throttle the sport button provides. You really notice it when you turn the sport button off.
Old 02-27-2011, 06:39 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jastx
I did the sport mode retrofit on mine recently and am thrilled with it. When engaged the throttle response makes the car feel more sharp and "snappy". It's great to have this choice.

When I was searching for my car I asked if the sport chrono option was a must have. Most responders said no so I bought my car without it. I can only imagine they were talking about the dash timer only.The sport button is definitely a must have. I'm glad I was able to add it.
Jastx- Thanks for your experience and I'm glad it can be added cause the car I'm looking at is a great car but needs SC. I don't care about the timer, but the throttle mapping is important to me. I have been driving BMW's with the "sport" button and you can tell the difference.

Would you happen to have the Part # handy? Maybe on an invoice or paperwork? Thank you.
Old 02-27-2011, 09:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Michael,

In post #9, Z356 gave a link to Suncoast Porsche for the Sport Mdoe Software.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:45 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gota911
Michael,

In post #9, Z356 gave a link to Suncoast Porsche for the Sport Mdoe Software.

Yes I saw that but did not see a part number unless code #9X7SM on the page is the part number. I am having the retro worked into the deal and the sales guy asked me for the exact part number to give to his parts department. I realize the parts dept should be able to find it; however in the interest of time and to avoid any errors, I figured the well-informed members would have the number as you know dealerships can be clueless. Thanks.

Quick Reply: sport mode retrofit