Which type do you recommend?

link:

http://www.fauquierent.net/earwax.htm

WARNING: very disgusting but medically proper (i.e. not obscene) link
Old 11-05-2010, 12:36 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

I use Star Brite Boat Polosh with PTFE This stwiirjs seriousy well.

I also use a few Mennzurna products.
Old 11-05-2010, 07:17 AM
McCulla
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stwiirjs??
Old 11-05-2010, 08:15 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Zaino will outlast any wax that is caranuba by months.

Zaino is a sealant and one of the best sealants on the market.

For light colors, Z2 aith ZFX is the correct way to bring out the pop in silver.

Prep is key no matter if you choose wax or sealants. Without proper paint care, you will just be highlighting swirls.

For Zaino to bond correctly to paint, you HAVE to strip off all waxes and glaze. The quickest way is to wash the finish with Dawn to strip off wax and oily glaze.

Once done, clay the cars finish.

After claying, check for swirls or micro-marring. If you need to polish, nows the time. Start mild and work up to more aggressive polishes and pads. Porsche paint is very soft and is easy to correct as opposed to BMW paint which is hard as nails to correct.

Once corrected, mix up Z2 with ZFX and shake well. Let it rest and then apply Z6 quick detailer to the finish prior and during application. This helps the sealant flow and bond.

Zaino MUST be applied very very thin. Too much and you'll get hazing. Thin to the point where it's tuff to see where you applied it. Never like a wax.

Once it's set, wipe off and apply Z6 again and another coat of Z2 and repeat 3 times.

For less work Zaino Clear Seal is a apply and walk-away. No wiping or buffing. Just use Z6 prior.

To maintain, Z6 will keep it looking new and Z7 wash soap works very well.

As for leather, nothing beats Zaino Z9 and Z10 leather in a bottle. It makes your leather and interior smell new.

Another product I used for leather was Sonus Leather care, which was developed by another Porsche owner who closly matched the original smell of Porsche leather once it's applied. Smells bad out of the bottle, but it renews the leather tanning oils or liquor that is still present. After an hour, open the door and you'll be smelling what the car smells like when it was new.

For more info you can PM me or email me.

Also, read Autopia.org for more information and greater detail as to detailing a finish or interior care.

Regards,
Deanski
Old 11-05-2010, 09:06 AM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

IMHO Deanski is 100% spot on. I attended a detailing seminar that factory reps from Zaino put on for PCA. Their instruction and process was nearly identical to Deanski's. I follow that procedure with amazing results.

Claying a car is a little tricky at first but if you use the proper amount of quick detailer it is pretty easy. Once you get it down you can completely clay a 911 in about 1 to 1.5 hours.

Originally Posted by Deanski
Porsche paint is very soft and is easy to correct as opposed to BMW paint which is hard as nails to correct.
+997. I have owned a black BMW and my 997 is black. The BMW was an all day affair even with a Porter Cable 7424 orbital.

FWIW the Porter Cable orbital is the best money you can spend if you want professional results. Your hands and arms will never come close the what that piece of equipment can accomplish in a few seconds.

Last edited by Mark Harris; 11-05-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Try Consumer Reports,you will be suprised: $$ not = quality
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 AM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aaks38
I know there have been tons of posts about car wax, but when i purchased my 04 4s a month ago, the Porsche dealer put on a very nice wax as the water beads off easily. I dont know which wax they used, anyone have any ideas?

Also ive used Zaino in the past, anyone care to recommend which Z formula to use on arctic silver?

Thanks

DUH
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also use Zaino not because of its ultimate shine, but because if lasts a long time.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:04 AM
Spectro28
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoa. Ok, I've entered the next level. Or a chamber I never expected to visit.

Brand new 2010 Atlas Grey Metallic C2S. Gorgeous car.

2 weeks old, 450 miles, washed it once, no wax. Been in the garage since, I've been in Singapore for a week.

What should I do to seal the finish?

It's my new DD...

I'd love for it to keep looking great through th Washington, DC winter, with regular washes when weather and schedule permit.

It is a 2y lease car, which I currently plan to buy off of lease (plan, not promise). Should I install a clear bra? Nanofusion film if so?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
aaks38
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

have any of you guys tried leatherique on the seats?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Mark Harris
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aaks38
have any of you guys tried leatherique on the seats?
Yes, I spent the small fortune they ask for that product and tested it on our Volvo. I didn't not like it and ultimately the spray bottles of it are still in my garage. Others sware by it.

A "leather" expert suggested to me that a spray bottle of saddle soap is the best option. Apparently you can purchase this item at a Tractor Supply Store (TSC).
Old 11-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

I have a base of zaino, Z AIO instead of zfx, then multiple coats of Z2 and a final coat of Z CS. Z5 is for swirl correction, so choose accordingly.

I wanted some better shine, and on top of the 3 coats of Z2, I have been using P21S concourse which looks great. I use a carnauba based detailer weekly to maintain shine and a new coat of P21S once a month or so. Spring and fall I strip it down and start over.
Old 11-05-2010, 03:15 PM
997sxv
Intermediate

Griots has been the best I've used. Over time it really adds depth to the paint and my 05 looks much better then the new ins on the lot. Seal gray carrera. Don't forget the clay. I use best of show 2-3 times a year.

Quick Reply: Wax question