Sponsored by:

Top Gear and Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 10:41 AM
mickfluff
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default ?

So anyone that watches Nascar is a simpleton? This board gets more and more winners daily it seems. You win the star today for magical post 14 of your grand entrance.

(your Nascar comment does not apply to me as I do not watch it but have some well educated and successful friends that do... that are not as you describe....)

Originally Posted by RudyP
Love top gear but battle of the super cars is pretty hard to watch. It's like NASCAR, designed for people who can only understand very simple things and enjoy drama. The whole "you're about to do a 0-100mph run in your automatic, what's your strategy?" thing drives me crazy. Mashing the gas and driving straight ahead is not strategy.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:35 AM
greglionb
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is fifth gear available in the us? Have seen stuff on YouTube but prefer the big screen for tv.

As to silly challenges I actually enjoy the "lets see who can buy the best MG for less than $275"' stuff because that's as much a part the social fabric of the automobile as the Mercedes AMG Black is. For me, Top Gear captures the essence what makes driving so fun and that's way more entertaining than a "magazine show" about all the cool new cars.

Quick Reply: Top Gear and Porsche