Sponsored by:

2006 c4 wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2010 | 03:05 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 c4 wont start

sad day for me....car wont start and dont know why...dorve it last sunday for about 15 minutes to the movies and then went back home drove for abt 15 mn agains. Today which is thursday, i tried starting it and it wont start....i didnt leave the headlights on. The car seems to have all the lights up and when i turn the key and i hear the motor abt to do something then it simply dies....after a few tries then nothing happens at all....i also noticed my right window keeps going down as i keep trying to turn the ignition, odd huh...will try to jump her tonight...
Old 10-07-2010 | 03:06 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

the wheather has been a lot cooler latley too---it was abt 110 on sunday but it was abt 66 today when i tried starting
Old 10-07-2010 | 04:30 PM
Atlas_Croc
Advanced

Sounds to me like a dead cell battery (internal short),.....power there one minute, and a few minutes later its gone. You will need a new battery and all should be well. All the weird symptoms you are seeing are due to low battery power,.....Porsches don't like that.
Old 10-07-2010 | 04:34 PM
dsanto
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine wouldn't start as well. Had it flat bedded to the dealer and it was a cracked coil pack. Fixed under warranty but had to go pick it up 100 miles away.
Old 10-07-2010 | 05:43 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

would the battery be covered under warranty? i see the coil packls are
Old 10-07-2010 | 07:29 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by rpalomo
would the battery be covered under warranty? i see the coil packls are
Maybe..but is your car still under warranty + with batteries many dealers will hold you to a 6,000 / year driving criteria (it's in the warranty book).
Old 10-09-2010 | 12:20 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

so i jumped the car and now i have a check engine light, service workshop etc.. check gas cap and all the caps everywhere else...everything looks good and it drives fine, but light wont go away, should i be worried?? what should i do now? dealer is 2 hours away from me....argh......39k miles by the way
Old 10-09-2010 | 01:11 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

With all those microprocessors our cars are too complex now, like jets. Consider yourself the pilot. The plane has a malfunction. The pilot calls the maintenance crew.

Unless it's a dead battery or loose gas cap 95% of the time that's all we can do: call the maint crew.

BTW, flashing CEL is very bad = don't drive. Steady on is more like drive it short distance to service ASAP.

Old 10-09-2010 | 01:36 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

okay, i read somewhere that if u reset the battery the check engine light will go off if nothing is really wrong...well i did that and now the light is gone !!! yay!!! but i got another error saying PSM failure!! not a big deal, read the manual and it says its perfectly normal after battery reset, so I drove it around like the manual said too and wala, no more errors!!! keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!!!
Old 10-09-2010 | 01:56 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

...read the manual...
Old 10-09-2010 | 02:49 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

okay, i read somewhere that if u reset the battery the check engine light will go off if nothing is really wrong...well i did that and now the light is gone !!! yay!!! but i got another error saying PSM failure!! not a big deal, read the manual and it says its perfectly normal after battery reset, so I drove it around like the manual said too and wala, no more errors!!! keeping my fingers crossed that it stays that way!!!
Yay! I betcha you're fine for now on. Forgot about the PSM DIY reset thing. They're different warnings aren't they (CEL and PSM failure)? If so no telling why CEL went on. I experienced that myself after dead battery issue. Also had CEL light go on when driving off after fueling car. Pulled over, shut off engine, sat there, worried then started it again and then no more CEL! That was it. A happy CEL ending. Oh, and not even an error message of the event when I brought it in for service months later.
Old 10-09-2010 | 03:36 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 245 Likes on 136 Posts

If you can self-clear all those warnings after a battery switch out then you should be good to go. These 997s are particularly hard on batteries so their lives are limited. When things are starting to go, just spring for a new battery, drop it in, clear the alerts, and go on.

Quick Reply: 2006 c4 wont start