Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let the Hate begin

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 11:14 AM
RF5BPilot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

In the 70's, Ford was simply a 4 letter word. Had you asked me then if I'd ever own one, I would have spent a few minutes laughing....then try to answer politely.

That started to change in '86 or so with the first Taurus. It seemed as if the company had moved political power from accountants to engineers again. For the most part, I prefer Ford products over any other major domestic automaker. Bought one of the '87 Taurus--and it's still with in-laws with over 250k miles--still running with no major repairs. Since then I've owned a series of Ford vehicles, all have been problem-free.

That said....it's a shame when personal decisions become public, political ones. It was smart of you to ride this one out. Seems like you got a car that is unique enough, at a good enough price -- that it will work out for you. And....it may be a hoot for a while, anyway.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:26 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by racer
I appreciate the mechanical upgrades of the 2011 cars.. but prefer the previous Gen styling (2005?-2010). Even the V6 seems pretty stout.. the 412hp base V8 aint bad either.

Post up some pics!
I agree with you on the styling; I do not like the new trend of having a huge black textured plastic lower rear bumper, in particular. Even some luxury cars, like Audi, are jumping on this bandwagon, I am not sure why.

Quick Reply: Let the Hate begin