Sponsored by:

HELP! 2 CDs stuck in a single dash player

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 04:05 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Mussl Kar
I forgot how I did this and had to look it up again. This time wifey ejected the disc and did not know she had 2 discs in the case. Put two in at once. Guess what I will be doing later today? Maybe get her a changer with a magazine next year.
How about make her fix it or pay to get it fixed. What sort of distraction or disregard does it take to stick 2 CDs into the loader at once?.. I would think the unusually thick stack would be a tip-off.. but maybe its just that I try and pay attention.
Old 10-02-2014, 12:00 AM
2003 986
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Been there done that

I forgot how I did this and had to look it up again. This time wifey ejected the disc and did not know she had 2 discs in the case. Put two in at once. Guess what I will be doing later today? Maybe get her a changer with a magazine next year.
I did this today so I can confirm it is easy to do and not only limited to wifeys. I pressed eject and it said no CD so I put a disk in and it started to play but was skipping. When I tried to eject nothing came out. This is when I did a count and realized 2 disks were in there. What a horrible design. I'm pretty sure there is enough room to get 3 stuck in there because I was using another CD to try to get the other 2 out and it would go in pretty far.

At any rate I found this threat and opted to use a plastic access card (like a credit card with no numbers). I used that to push the disks around inside the player while pressing eject. They seem to be up rather than down if that makes sense. So you basically pry them down and when pressing eject one eventually came out. Then the other came out as normal after that.

Hope this helps the next person, Cheers
Old 10-03-2014, 05:14 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Seems a horribly bad design. The sensor inside isn't noticing there is a disk in - so of course it says "nothing to eject". And since its not aware of a disk being in there, it doesn't block a new disk being loaded either. Something in the disk-present sensor is hosed. You would think that such systems would be dead simple IR light and sensor to look for something blocking the light (coded flashing light so the sensor isn't fooled by an internal reflection). Very odd.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:27 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Sheeze, again? Tell your wife that she broke the DC player, then put a piece of duct tape over the CD slot and be done with it.
Old 09-13-2023, 11:28 AM
juankimalo
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

I have same problem

I will try to use a Gemologist tweezers to extract the CDs....

Quick Reply: HELP! 2 CDs stuck in a single dash player