Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Found a nice one !

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 09:47 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 849 Likes on 466 Posts

Agree on all said above. Bought my car; exact same setup/options in Jan 2010 for $25k off the sticker and a gracious trade value offered on my 09 Boxster. Its a good car but I will agree with Edgy01 that the sand beige does hold dirt more than one would think at 1st. I added black contrasting matts to my floor due to this and will likely swap out the center console for a body colored one soon too. Cars does have sports chrono and XM and Bluetooth and Ipod Interface so its nicely optioned BUT yes for some reason they did NOT add NAV and that makes no sense as it'll cost you about $4k to add and you'll lose your XM if you do. Don't know why it is soo difficult to add as you CAN opt for a new car that way Sat/NAV/XM/Ipod/BT..I know cause my 09 Cayenne with PCM 3.0 has it off the factory floor so PCA needs to stop saying it can't be done cause it can.

Add ons to my car have been proper paddle shifters (champion) and PSE which definately does make the car into its own and a slight window tint. Love the color too..its unique amongst the usual silver, black, white, and reds. Not my 1st choice IF I was designing my own 997 from scratch and $$ was no object but it is a very good/satisfying alternative. Good luck!

PS they have a very nice speed yellow 997S which I may have to ask if they'd consider a trade for my car! Its sweet! http://porschedallas.parkplacetexas....%20S-Dallas-TX Now that is my dream Porsche there...without the yellow vents of course!
Old 08-31-2010, 04:50 AM
pissedpuppy
Nordschleife Master

Received 491 Likes on 289 Posts

that color combo should only be for British cars (IMO)
Old 08-31-2010, 02:36 PM
greenpdk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I keep reading comments from many people on this site about racing green. It seems the consensus is that green is just about the only color that nobody would want. I bought my 09 in that color because I loved it, especially with the sand beige interior. Almost every time I see a 997 on the road it is either black or gray. I say that is just plain boring. As far as the green goes, I get complements almost every time I take the car out. After all interesting colors have always been part of Porsche history.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:13 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 398 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by greenpdk
I keep reading comments from many people on this site about racing green. It seems the consensus is that green is just about the only color that nobody would want. I bought my 09 in that color because I loved it, especially with the sand beige interior. Almost every time I see a 997 on the road it is either black or gray. I say that is just plain boring. As far as the green goes, I get complements almost every time I take the car out. After all interesting colors have always been part of Porsche history.
I agree. Enjoy your car. It looks great!
Old 08-31-2010, 03:15 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 398 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by pissedpuppy
that color combo should only be for British cars (IMO)
Nonsense. And actually that green is not British green.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
soverystout
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Hell, if that green (a nice but not great color IMO) took $20K+ off the sticker of that car when it was new I would have bought it in a heartbeat.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:53 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I like the Porsche Racing Green. It is a very rich color, and because most others don't like it, it is also not very common, which is an added plus. Would love to have one with Natural Brown leather interior and painted rear center console.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:15 PM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

http://www.champion-motors.com/web/v...0Beach-Florida

A good friend of mine just sold his car (the above) to Champion porsche. A shame but someone is gonna get a really nice car that has been babied from the git go.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:37 PM
wogamax
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

How does one know a car is a "PCNA car"? Carfax? Green and White PDK's are definitely still around, but that part caught my eye. I imagine the status makes it one of the test drive Porsches that did multiple launches. Since the white cars can't do Launch Control, I'd be less worried. Its those green cars that showcased the new generation. I wish I knew what proportion of them were used in that demo, if it was a limited number that toured the country or whether dozens were pulled from lots and put back???

Is there a way thru the DME to tell how many times launch control was engaged?
Old 08-31-2010, 05:39 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by pewter82
Thanks guys, I do like the color and my deal would be 75700 certified and shipped. More investigation reveals curbing, interior issues, and new tires were installed at 13k miles for some reason. An middle aged Asian lady owned it after being a PCNA car...I think I'll pass.
There is a brand new leftover 2009 launch car sitting here on at a dealer in the DC area with a sticker of $99k. I would be amazed if you couldn't get it for $75k or less.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:41 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by greenpdk
I am with you and really wanted the green with black or grey, but they didn't make any that way that I could find, so I ended up with Midnight Blue/Black.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:54 PM
2K7TTMIA
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by SkankyFrank
There is a brand new leftover 2009 launch car sitting here on at a dealer in the DC area with a sticker of $99k. I would be amazed if you couldn't get it for $75k or less.
Did a quick search; Porsche of Rockville? they show two new 2009's in inventory. Green with Sand Beige C2S ($99K)and Aqua Blue with Stone Gray Cab 2S ($109K); both PDK.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:01 PM
Kuhan
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000996MIA
Did a quick search; Porsche of Rockville? they show two new 2009's in inventory. Green with Sand Beige C2S ($99K)and Aqua Blue with Stone Gray Cab 2S ($109K); both PDK.

These are both lauch models. I was offered the blue from another dealer for $85k without even asking. I would bet it could have gone lower had I been interested. So by extension, I would imagine the opening bid on the green may be $75k... or even lower since it's not a popular colour.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:47 PM
pewter82
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wogamax, White cars can't do launch control ?????? What are you talking about ? If the car has Sport Chrono Plus , it can do launch control.

The Car fax will show first owner buying it with 5-7 k miles, then I asked the salesman , and he had sold it and said thats where it had originally come from, PCNA.

I think I'll give the DC dealership a call and see what they would do on the hold over 09. The dealership in Missouri had a unsold 09 and Porsche allowed them to put the car in their name and certify it. 6 yr warranty, but not considered a "new" car anymore.

jason

Last edited by pewter82; 08-31-2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: info
Old 09-01-2010, 12:03 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Jason,

The White "Launch" cars do not have Sport Chrono, so they can't do launch control. The 2009 Aqua Cabs do not have Sport Chrono either.

Quick Reply: Found a nice one !