P77 Sport Seats
342 Heated Seats
176 Sports Exhaust System
P36 Infotainment pkg
CDH Painted door finishers
XSX Seat belts in red
CDJ Painted shifter trim
XDM Painted trim strip

I decided at the last minute to swap the stitched seats for the Nav and that meant the Infotainment pkg was just $150 more to get the BOSE so I felt it would be stupid not to do so. I'll order the shifter and install myself, and wheels will be here before the car for a quick swap.
Congrats. Will be a sweet looking car for sure. Just curious.....have you heard the PSE on the 997.2 in person? I drove a stock 997.2 and hated the sound of it. Purred like my kitchen blender. And I've heard others say the .2 engine just doesn't produce the grunt and gurgle of the earlier engines no matter what you do to the exhaust.
Old 08-27-2010 | 01:42 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Just to be totally different you should have the '911' on the back painted to match the guards red. I have never seen that done before. (I have it on the usual carrera s).
Attached Images  
Old 08-27-2010 | 10:29 AM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Congrats. Will be a sweet looking car for sure. Just curious.....have you heard the PSE on the 997.2 in person? I drove a stock 997.2 and hated the sound of it. Purred like my kitchen blender. And I've heard others say the .2 engine just doesn't produce the grunt and gurgle of the earlier engines no matter what you do to the exhaust.
I test drove an '09 with the PSE, although I didn't unplug it like I did on my '07. PSE is better than stock, in any event.

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Just to be totally different you should have the '911' on the back painted to match the guards red. I have never seen that done before. (I have it on the usual carrera s).
I thought about that and I may have it painted down the road, but I thought the silver would go well with my red, black and silver theme (Go UGA!).
Old 08-27-2010 | 10:39 AM
dianic
Rennlist Member

Good luck Dough. I do hope that the time flies until delivery! And halts to a crawl after it! Enjoy.
Old 08-27-2010 | 11:33 AM
CBnAT
Pro

I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for you on the road.
Old 08-27-2010 | 12:17 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by gravedgr
Went in today and put down my deposit on a Dec. 2 build. Final buildout:

G1 Guards Red
AP Black Sport Seats
419 19" Carrera S II Wheel
911 911 Model Designation
P77 Sport Seats
342 Heated Seats
176 Sports Exhaust System
P36 Infotainment pkg
CDH Painted door finishers
XSX Seat belts in red
CDJ Painted shifter trim
XDM Painted trim strip

I decided at the last minute to swap the stitched seats for the Nav and that meant the Infotainment pkg was just $150 more to get the BOSE so I felt it would be stupid not to do so. I'll order the shifter and install myself, and wheels will be here before the car for a quick swap.
Good thinking - its not always bad to buy something like Bose (that you may not need) but if you ever sell, could be advantageous. This is a very good spec - good luck.
Old 08-27-2010 | 08:57 PM
Minok
Drifting

Now you just have to make it past the next few weeks without changing up the options any more..

... hmmm...illuminated designation in on the door sills.... they sure look sweet....
Old 08-28-2010 | 06:37 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Default Pictures with child seat installed.

As promised here are some pictures with the Porsche Zoom seat installed and my 7 year old as the model.
Looks like 5 inches clearance when seat is right back and 12 inches when right forward.
Maybe there would be more clearance with the full-on carbon sport buckets (slimmer profile seat), I don't know?
What I do know is that with the carbon sport buckets the seat belt stay attached to the seat when tilted forward creating an additional obstacle to consider when putting kids in the rear.

Excuse the dirty car and hurried pictures.
Attached Images     
Old 08-29-2010 | 01:23 PM
gravedgr
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the pictures, Bruce! I haven't heard of the Porsche Zoom - the seat selling now is the Porsche Junior and Junior Plus. My dealer said they are hard to get in, even for orders, so I may start shopping eBay and craigslist.

Quick Reply: Critique my build