Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK hesitation in extreme florida heat...

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010 | 04:20 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Originally Posted by stevepow
It is literally like buzzards flying over head just waiting for clear signs that PDK is about to roll over. And it is not like we don't see posts about problems with 6spds too. They are cars - problems with any parts are going to come up.

And as mdrums points out, this one probably is not about the transmission.

"My tire is low" - "well, my 6spd tires don't get low".
"My brakes feel soft" - "well thank goodness that doesn't happen with my 6spd".
"It is hot in FLA" - "well if you had a 6spd, you could hang your head out the window and the wind blowing in your face would make you so cool, it'd be like a fall evening in San Francisco".
"My PC crashed" - "well thank goodness that doesn't happen with a...6spd..."......wait a minute - that has nothing to do with PDK either.

PDK - we know - we're all going to hell - that's why it feels so hot already. I'm cool with that - not my first transgression - not my first transmission.
I thinks this sums it up nicely!
Old 06-17-2010 | 07:31 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Post of the month...funny stuff!

Originally Posted by stevepow
It is literally like buzzards flying over head just waiting for clear signs that PDK is about to roll over. And it is not like we don't see posts about problems with 6spds too. They are cars - problems with any parts are going to come up.

And as mdrums points out, this one probably is not about the transmission.

"My tire is low" - "well, my 6spd tires don't get low".
"My brakes feel soft" - "well thank goodness that doesn't happen with my 6spd".
"It is hot in FLA" - "well if you had a 6spd, you could hang your head out the window and the wind blowing in your face would make you so cool, it'd be like a fall evening in San Francisco".
"My PC crashed" - "well thank goodness that doesn't happen with a...6spd..."......wait a minute - that has nothing to do with PDK either.

PDK - we know - we're all going to hell - that's why it feels so hot already. I'm cool with that - not my first transgression - not my first transmission.
Old 06-18-2010 | 02:33 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

I think PDK is responsible for the recession and the oil spill in the gulf.

Wait.....there may be a link to global warming too.
Old 06-18-2010 | 03:41 AM
1BlinkGone
Instructor

The buzzards are smiling when they fly over you because they will poop on you if you have PDK...
Old 06-19-2010 | 11:50 PM
ATX
Rennlist Member

No issues with PDK and the heat here (TX) and it gets HOT. Not as hot as AZ, but still cookin' in the summer. IMO, PDK is sluggish in any weather unless you're in sport or sport chrono.... But I actually like the flexibility of all of the modes. Definitely took a bit of getting used to after driving the stick, but after a year I wouldn't go back.

Quick Reply: PDK hesitation in extreme florida heat...