Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stone Grey Leather

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 02:16 AM
Tsilnner
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I wanted grey but picked up a 2009 997.2 last year with black "full" leather. However, the black looks like a semi-dark grey. For what it is worth, I really like it.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:32 AM
dD/dt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Find what you want.

My car wouldn't be what it is without the superb sand beige interior. But aren't you worried that a black interior, in Houston, will be a bit hot some days?
Old 06-09-2010, 11:25 AM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsilnner
I wanted grey but picked up a 2009 997.2 last year with black "full" leather. However, the black looks like a semi-dark grey. For what it is worth, I really like it.
I agree.

I have "black" leather in mine as well and it is actually a charcoal grey--
which I like much better than black.

Light grey is certainly not the worse color. I prefer it over some of
the shades of tan Porsche has.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
thinklabinc
Advanced

I recently made my 997.1 purchase and had finalized in my mind exactly the features and colors I wanted.

What I realized quickly was that I had to prioritize my wish list. Some items that could always be added later if wanted, like PSE, I compromised on.

I had my mind set on Black interior, but found a car that had everything I wanted, including exterior color, except it had a cocoa interior. Although that interior color was the last color I would have ordered if it was a new car order, I went and saw the car, spent some time in it and ended up really liking it.

I guess what I am trying to say is unless you've had the color before and did not like it, check it out. The colors and combinations Porsche has designed and built are all amazing. I would be shocked to find someone who did not like the color of a 997 they currently own.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Kuhan
Racer

I think I'm going to hold out for an interior I like. In Houston, it doesn't really matter what colour the interior is, it's going to be hot!

This is what started me thinking: the black interior car has 1 year more warranty, is one model year younger, 6k less miles, sport chrono and Bose BUT the grey is $10k cheaper than the black... $10k is a lot! If the grey had a black interior, I'd be all over it.

Old 06-09-2010, 02:15 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

I miss the old black and white houndstooth cloth interiors of yesteryear :>)
Old 06-09-2010, 02:24 PM
jugger911
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wasn't sure about the grey at first, but didn't hate it either. I just didn't want black again because it was too hot and showed everything. After owning the car for about a week I soon learned just how nice the grey was. Cooler interior, shows no dust, etc. Get what your gonna be satisfied with. It's your money and car.
Attached Images  
Old 06-09-2010, 03:46 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jugger911
Wasn't sure about the grey at first, but didn't hate it either. I just didn't want black again because it was too hot and showed everything. After owning the car for about a week I soon learned just how nice the grey was. Cooler interior, shows no dust, etc. Get what your gonna be satisfied with. It's your money and car.
I agree about the dust. It hides it better. Light colors like sand beige are spectacular when new & clean, but with wear & grime the dirtyness shows. Not quite the same with medium to dark greys.
Old 06-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Iggy
Intermediate

I see it this way: you're not buying Porsche because you need it, or because it's practical or because it is good value for money.... you are buying it to bring joy and happiness to your motoring (and your life in general).

If you spend tens of thousands of $ on something that is indented to make you smile every time you sit in it, and you end in not actually liking it and enjoying it 100%, its money wasted.

I have travelled across the continent (from Serbia in South to the Denmark in North) in order to find color and specification I wanted. Year and a half has passed and I'm still thrilled every time I sit in it... and the thing i like the most is my interior color and leather options.

People on this forum are not here because they have settled with the next best thing - my advice buy the car that you'll like the most. You'll spend that extra money on something else anyway...
Old 06-09-2010, 06:55 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Iggy
I travelled across the continent (from Serbia in South to the Denmark in North) in order to find color and specification I wanted.
Pink 911's are indeed difficult to find.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM
akim47
Racer

I actually really like my grey interior, but everyone has their own taste... if you hate grey, i wouldn't settle for it. I almost "settled" for a supple leather interior. I didn't because I realized I despised it, and now I am grateful I held out. The car is a big nugget to pay for, so just do it right the first time.

I noticed that the you are looking at tips. Many people would have an issue with tip vs. than the color of the interior. General advice is to pony up for the PDK vs. "settling" for the older tip model. Again, you want to do this right the first time... .2 also get's you a host of other upgrades, so could be worth spending the add'l $$$.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:29 PM
Taxi?
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the majority of the previous posts that you should wait for what you want. I recently bought my first P-car after checking numerous classified webpages like Autotrader and Cars.com DAILY (sometimes more than once a day) for about 6 months. Believe me, these cars are like women (no offense to female Rennlisters intended). If you can't find what you want, keep looking because you don't know what's going to appear tomorrow, or next week, or next month. As I continued to look for a car, I became a little less rigid on colors and options and more concerned with how the previous owner had maintained the car and whether I could trust the seller. When it was all said and done, I ended up with a car that has most of the things I wanted, is in excellent condition, and was within my price range (sort of...lol). Good luck with your decision!

Quick Reply: Stone Grey Leather