Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does your bluetooth suck?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2010, 03:30 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 861 Likes on 587 Posts

Works fine - not great at speed due to road noise. Have a BB and AT&T. Sync is perfect.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Pincomar
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 997.2 and a new BlackBerry. I love the Bluetooth and I use it all the time (particularly to/from work). No issue whatsoever. Better than both my other cars.

Mark.
Old 05-15-2010, 04:31 PM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Look for a tech bulletin for installing Voice Control. You'll see the setup for the mics (which should already be installed if you have BT). On the left, there's what appears to be a split mic (sound/hands-free mic) that replaces the standard Bose mic (maybe what is used for AudioPilot?), and on the right a single mic (hands-free) - they don't really explain the usage but that's how they are labeled. The left mic(s) is a 4-wire connection (so two mics), and the right only 2.

My guess is that the "sound mic" (half of L pair) is for Bose audio pilot since it comes with cars with no BT and no Voice control. I also guess the hands free mics (the L&R pair) are for voice command and BT and use some sort of noise cancellation technology that is typical with that sort of dual mic configuration.
Old 05-15-2010, 05:19 PM
CHV
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

997.2 09 C2S my bluetooth works great.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:59 AM
ATX
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Use mine with a Blackberry Bold. Works great, but agree with the need to "talk loud" over engine noise.
Old 05-16-2010, 02:53 AM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

it sounds like (pardon the pun ) people have mixed experiences here.

i'll ping my dealer and check into the tech bulletin. great consel steve.

editorially, i'll say, if i wanted a super quiet boring hwy cruiser, yes, i would have a lexus... my BT just pretty much doesn't pick me up at all, so i'll have to fiddle with it. not bashing porsche, but considering the quality of the Bose system, it wouldn't surprise me that the mic system isn't exactly the best in the world.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:43 AM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Blackberry Curve on Sprint works fine! I generally put up windows and close sunroof for clearer reception!
Old 05-17-2010, 05:15 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Remember, bluetooth has nothing to do with handsfree, its two seperate technologies.

Anyone used the built-in, or SAP operated 997.2 phones have experiences with using it hands-free? That would give is good insight about how well the mic's work vis-a-vis the road and engine noise and wind.

The wireless connectivity between the car's systems and your phone, the bluetooth connection, only handles the data transfer between them. That can also break down or not get established correctly, which can interfere with the phone conversation.

Then there is the cell provider on top of all of that. Your not using AT&T, you know, the, as Jon Stewart put it, "Makes your cool super phone unusable....... as a phone." are you?
Old 05-17-2010, 05:36 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Minok
Remember, bluetooth has nothing to do with handsfree, its two seperate technologies.

Anyone used the built-in, or SAP operated 997.2 phones have experiences with using it hands-free? That would give is good insight about how well the mic's work vis-a-vis the road and engine noise and wind.

The wireless connectivity between the car's systems and your phone, the bluetooth connection, only handles the data transfer between them. That can also break down or not get established correctly, which can interfere with the phone conversation.

Then there is the cell provider on top of all of that. Your not using AT&T, you know, the, as Jon Stewart put it, "Makes your cool super phone unusable....... as a phone." are you?
i'm using verizon - at&t is very poorly rated here.

Quick Reply: does your bluetooth suck?