Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flat Tire?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bot the insurance for the wheel coverage. I expect to go thru few of them over next 5yrs. Like they say everthing is BIG in Texas including the potholes!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:18 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexb76
Not sure if it's worth it then to purchase that insurance. I got a flat, and patched it up for like $35 including re-balance, and it's been PERFECT!
AlexB76,

I didnt have any issue at my dealer. They replaced the tire without issue. In fact, they were trying to determine whether to replace both tires or just the defective tire. After preforming 2 measurements they agreed to only replace the one tire. I have enough tread to replace the one tire and both were not needed.

I spoke to the dealer to gather additional information regarding the warranty. I was informed that if I have a flat locally, they would replace the tire or rim without delay if needed. My dealer does not need a pre-approval to replace the tire or rim. If I were on the road and have a flat I have to obtain pre-approval for a replacement tire or rim. I was also told that Porsche does not approve of these tires being patched under any circumstance so the warranty company should not request this on any Porsche.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:21 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by BoxsterG
AlexB76,

I didnt have any issue at my dealer. They replaced the tire without issue. In fact, they were trying to determine whether to replace both tires or just the defective tire. After preforming 2 measurements they agreed to only replace the one tire. I have enough tread to replace the one tire and both were not needed.

I spoke to the dealer to gather additional information regarding the warranty. I was informed that if I have a flat locally, they would replace the tire or rim without delay if needed. My dealer does not need a pre-approval to replace the tire or rim. If I were on the road and have a flat I have to obtain pre-approval for a replacement tire or rim. I was also told that Porsche does not approve of these tires being patched under any circumstance so the warranty company should not request this on any Porsche.
That's great to know, this was in response to Robbonds post that they only patched his tire under the same insurance!
Old 04-05-2010, 04:26 PM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

everyone has diff experiences - just telling you how they dealt with me
Old 04-05-2010, 04:31 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexb76
That's great to know, this was in response to Robbonds post that they only patched his tire under the same insurance!
It is possible that we are not comparing apples to apples. I am not sure who underwrites he insurance Robbonds purchased. However, my dealer was firm regarding this tire warranty.

I think others feel pretty good regarding their purchase.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Lugs H
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the extended warranty thru EasyCare with the tire/rim coverage. Took a sheetmetal screw in a rear tire. Tire replaced at the dealership with no problems or cost.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:26 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff PE
Edgy01, from whom did you buy your 100k mile, 10 year warranty? Thanks.
EasyCare--through the dealership.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:14 PM
Fin Fever
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default tire insurance was worth it for me.

Originally Posted by robbonds
problems with that insurance is they will want to patch your tire not replace..the other problem is the insurance companies go out of business every other day...good luck
not my experience. I had one tire with a nail in it replaced a few months after I got my car. Then nearly a year later, I had another tire damaged and they replaced it. Because just replacing one would have resulted in too great of a disparity in my tread depths (brand new tire on one side and half worn tire on the other) they replaced both rear tires that time. In my case, the tire insurance paid for 3 new rear Michelin PS2s. I would say it was worth buying in my case.

Quick Reply: Flat Tire?