Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting thing happened to my 06 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 07:22 PM
raspritz
Burning Brakes

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Are you sure you're not driving a Toyota?
Old 04-03-2010, 07:32 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn911
I was driving back from work last Tuesday on the freeway and all of a sudden the car started surging/"jack rabbiting", kind of like bad gas. However, The RPMs stayed steady thru out this surging - kind of wierd. It idled fine. No drop in oil pressure, temp etc, no "Check engine light",. So... I continued driving and got on the cell and called my service guy and was discussing it with him while driving. Told me to bring it right in.

Left it overnight and he called me the next day and said nothing showed up on the computer download; however, he reset the computer and said it was likely the electronic throttle. Makes sense but weird since nothing showed up on the download. Guess its Porsche version of uncontrolled acceleration. Seems fixed now..

Anybody else out there with similar problems?
go to autozone and buy $5 MAF sensor cleaner aerosol.
you will need torx bit (google which one - i do not remember) to unscrew MAF sensor and give it a good bath from all angles.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:11 PM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn911
Just a little oddity with the electronics I guess
I remember when I was a youngster just learning about cars and reading Popular Mechanics, owners manuals, and anything else I could get my hands on, that we still had a lot of pre-war cars on the road since the war had stalled any introduction of new cars for five years or so. When the first 'new' cars came out they were really just pre-war re-treads, but eventually new systems using technology developed in wartime began to appear along with bodywork and other signs of truly new designs. Using a factory mechanic was almost unheard of, and most people did it themselves or went to a neighbor. So we had this wild mix of technology extant on fairly recent cars. Everyone wanted to know how to repair them and the magazines were as popular as these forums are now.

The Q&A columns were a good way for squeakers to learn about cars. Still are for that matter, but I remember two standard replies when the columnist didn't really have an answer:

1. Sounds like a problem with the hydraulics; and

2. Sounds like a vacuum line has a leak.

Now we have a new one:

3. Sounds like the electronics.

Gary

Quick Reply: Interesting thing happened to my 06 C2S