Sponsored by:

Porsche of West Houston service sucks

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 10:53 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Porsche of West Houston service sucks

Of all the service departments I've ever dealt with Porsche is the WORST! They make you feel like they are doing you a favor.

Case in point. Yesterday I brought my car with my daughter who couldn't walk so I had to hold her when moving some stuff from the 911 to a loaner. It was 8am so there wasn't a lot of traffic.

How many helped me? zero.

When I left they said the car would take a couple days. Then they called me yesterday to tell me the car is ready but I couldn't make it by 6pm so I did say I would be by this morning. However this morning I needed to get to the office for a small server hiccup which I just remedied. When I updated my SA he made it sound like I ruined his schedule.

I'm sorry but they should have been prepared. This is goofy.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:29 AM
tincanman99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I am dense but whats so bad about this service?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:30 AM
MikeBat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe your description is missing something because I do not see anything that blatantly says that this dealership (and not Porsche directly) sucks.

The fact that on a busy day, as you described, no one ran out to help you take stuff out of your car... if it was busy, as you said, it may be possible that no one was watching you and not coming to your aid.

As for ruining the Service Advisor's day... you sound already peeved off, could it be that you are projecting that onto his reaction that you could not make it for the time you agreed on?

I know the customer is king, but... maybe you are seeing red a bit, no?
Old 03-30-2010, 11:41 AM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you think Porsche is bad, try Ford. When I bring my wifes F350 truck in - and this happens a LOT with that POS - I have to hang around in a waiting room that is so dirty I start wondering where I can get one of those suits workers wear in clean rooms. There is coffee, and some form non-dairy poison powder for cream and some popcorn that was made sometime in the previous decade. Loaners? Nope.Bathrooms? Don't ask, these are not a room you'd want to enter without having a Clorox shower upon exiting. Want a ride out of this toxic environment? Sure, when the parts guy is running out to pick something up he'll drop you off somewhere. The Porsche dealer has a clean waiting area, always offers me a loaner, has decent coffee and before the economy hit the ****ter they had sodas.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
RollingArt
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

WOW, life is really a bitch!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:00 PM
jes999
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe you should "trade up" to a Lexus.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:01 PM
swajames
Racer

C'mon guys - you see the point he's making... My dealer is generally pretty decent but the service levels at times haven't always been to the premium standards we ought to expect. Some other marques (Lexus and Jaguar) seem to have the customer service component nailed, Porsche dealers don't always go the extra mile, and the customer feedback surveys seem to reflect this.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:05 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

Never a problem with Princeton Porsche. Service and attention rivals my Lexus dealer.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had nothing but good experiences with Hoehn Porsche in Carlsbad, CA.

Is it possible that the service underwriters in your first experience were already busy helping other customers?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by nota_troll
Of all the service departments I've ever dealt with Porsche is the WORST! They make you feel like they are doing you a favor.

Case in point. Yesterday I brought my car with my daughter who couldn't walk so I had to hold her when moving some stuff from the 911 to a loaner. It was 8am so there wasn't a lot of traffic.

How many helped me? zero.

When I left they said the car would take a couple days. Then they called me yesterday to tell me the car is ready but I couldn't make it by 6pm so I did say I would be by this morning. However this morning I needed to get to the office for a small server hiccup which I just remedied. When I updated my SA he made it sound like I ruined his schedule.

I'm sorry but they should have been prepared. This is goofy.
Which dealership is this in Houston? It'd be more helpful if every customer complaint has a dealership name attached to it.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:30 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Well maybe post sounds a little like a prima donna but believe me I'm far from it. At 7:45am there was no one at the dealership except me and a couple SAs. My car and the loaner were in front of the advisors glass doors and walls. I just expect more from a Porsche service department.

Is that wrong? I wasn't moving my insurance card or my radar detector. I had two car seats and a toddler with an injured knee who I was caring for before her doctor's appointment.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:31 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ucube
Which dealership is this in Houston? It'd be more helpful if every customer complaint has a dealership name attached to it.
West Houston
Old 03-30-2010, 12:34 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

When the SA told you that you had ruined his schedule, did you think that he might have promised your loaner car to another customer because you told him you would be there first thing in the morning to pick up your car and return the loaner?
Old 03-30-2010, 12:35 PM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GSIRM3
When the SA told you that you had ruined his schedule, did you think that he might have promised your loaner car to another customer because you told him you would be there first thing in the morning to pick up your car and return the loaner?
Of course. I'm not blind to that. I apologized but I had to come to the office at 6:30 for a server hiccup.
Old 03-30-2010, 12:36 PM
tetzlafh
Burning Brakes

Porsche's SA in Oklahoma City sucks. My impression is a young punk who only has a job there because I think his dad or brother is the head SA for the dealership (Infiniti/Audi/Porsche) it definitely is a relation of some sort. Anyways it's the same feeling here as if they are doing me, the paying customer, a favor. It's probably because I drive the inferior car, '06 Boxster S.

One instance that left me with a bad taste for his lack of knowledge was when I first arrived in OKC and needed a quote to have my car's paint polished out (shipped car from Germany via gov't contractors and they F*ed up my paint). His immediate response without even looking at the paint to determine condition was 'wet sand' and that it was standard procedure. WTF?! Was my thinking...let's just say I didn't take it to them to get fixed. I bought my own gear from Detailers Domain and polished it all out myself without any instance of wet sanding.

My dealership while i was in Germany was excellent. Very friendly staff and treated you as part of the Porsche family, a member of the brand. It didn't matter to them I owned a 987S.

Alright rant over...

Quick Reply: Porsche of West Houston service sucks