Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Group Buy - G-Bracket for V1 for 997

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I installed mine this past weekend with the wiring harness. It is fairly easy, but it does take patience and ability to be a contortionist. Do not use a screwdriver to assist in removal of hanger clip, a-pillar or plastic mirror housing. This will only destroy and permanently mark up your interior. You will need to find a plastic tool to use as a wedge to help lift and/or separate parts/trim pieces. The hardest part was removing the hanger clip to remove the a-pillar and then the reinstallation of the a-pillar. Of course I broke a plastic tab on the Hanger clip so this will need to be replaced. The plastic housing on the rear view mirror is easy to bugger up, (but impossible not to) when you pry it apart and make sure you drill a hole in each side that is larger than the mounting studs, otherwise it will sit slightly lopp-sided.
I found that temporary removal/lifting of the door weather strip helps to hide the wire harness between the the bottom of the a-pillar and the fusebox and makes reinstalling the a-pillar slightly easier. GRides has the instructions/pictures on installing so I highly recommend that all buyers get this emailed as the kit does not include instructions on mounting.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:01 PM
insp185
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the G-bracket installed in my turbo for several months now. The placement in my opinion is perfect for viewing, but does not restrict the outward view at all. I was tired of the suction cups and had been looking for an alternative for a long time. The quality of the product is very good. The fit and function are perfect. Removing the plastic housing from the mirror post is a little tricky. Some are concerned about drilling holes in the plastic, but the replacement housings are readily available from Porsche and are very inexpensive if you have any problems. Overall, this is one of the best creature-comfort products I have added to my car. Kudos to Gary at G-Rides for developing such a fucntional product and Eric for putting together the group buy.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:12 PM
swajames
Racer

Guys, how well do the V1's (placed like this with the G Bracket or similar) work in a cab? I've been thinking about getting one for a while, just worried the performance will be compromised due to the car being a cab. Any thoughts?
Old 03-30-2010, 09:08 PM
insp185
AutoX

I've seen no degradation in performance of the V-1 with my cab at all. Prior to the turbo, I used the V-1 in a C4S cab with very good performance. Saved me from a ticket on many occasions.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

i dont have autodim in the rs!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:20 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by SKYKING
Edgy01, How is your Valentine wired? To the dome lights or fuse panel?
Any photos?
Fuse panel.

Link: https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...tallation.html

Quick Reply: Group Buy - G-Bracket for V1 for 997