Assist with 06-09 Cobalt blue cab

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 10:21 AM
mtooze
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Assist with 06-09 Cobalt blue cab

Hi folks:

Bad news: I turned in my Silver 997 cab back to dealer last year and bought a '07 Gallardo to replace it (OK, well the Lambo isn't all bad news).

Good news: Wife wants a 997 Cab...and I get to keep the lambo!

I'm on the lookout for a Cobalt blue cab...any config on the interior options/colors but prefer a 2 or 2S. She specifically wants cobalt or Aqua blue. I am looking for entusiast (re: ****) owned car, anywhere in US. Expect to be asked to take car into dealer for a PPI at my expense.

If any of you have seen a new '09 sitting on a dealer lot, Id like to know....but I much prefer private owner. I do NOT want to go to my local dealer (Omaha) and search thru them or buy from them ever again (Shame as they have a cobalt 09 on their lot now). Long story about crap service over the life of my previous lease.

Email me direct at mtooze@gisworkshop.com if this is inappropriate, apologies and blow the thread away. Email me sep for pics of the lambo too LOL.

Cheers Marcus
P.S. Im in Nebraska, doesn't make any difference but I know people will start asking "where am I".
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 AM
stevepow
Three Wheelin'

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

'09 Aqua S, nice car - low miles. Cool wheels.

Michael Mills there is a great guy - call him if you are interested in this one.

http://hennessy.porschedealer.com/20...36132/info.php
Old 03-10-2010, 10:59 AM
GHills
Instructor

Those clowns at Hennessy took all the exterior pics with the top partly up. They must think its a newfangled spoiler.......
Old 03-10-2010, 11:07 AM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another Nebraska guy. We need to stick together.

That makes three of us now, that I know of, on the 997 forum.

I'm surprised to hear you have had difficulties with Woodhouse Porsche
in Omaha. I've had decent luck with them so far.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 PM
yasuro
Pro

2009 in birmingham, MI

http://fred-lavery.porschedealer.com...34804/info.php

no affiliation, etc. ~$90k.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Yoops Racing
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know of a low low mileage Cobalt blue 2007 C4S cab with Black/Stone Grey interior that is for sale in Atlanta Ga from a family member. Let me know what your interest is and I will send you the info.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:46 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mtooze
Hi folks:

Bad news: I turned in my Silver 997 cab back to dealer last year and bought a '07 Gallardo to replace it (OK, well the Lambo isn't all bad news).
I wish had many bad news like that everday!
Old 03-10-2010, 09:51 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Marcus, there are 10 used 2009 Aqua Blue C2S cabs on the Porsche web site. 4 are CPO and 1 (Hennessy) is a manual 6 speed. The other 9 are launch cars that stickered for $109k and have PDK but do not have sport chrono. Asking prices range from $79K for the manual to 97K.

There are also about 6 to 8 dealers that still have a "new" (untitled) launch car like this on their lot.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's another one for consideration:

http://www.porscheofcoloradosprings....sche911/P09006

Ask for Joe Riddle.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 AM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts

Good news - The Aqua launch Cabs didn't sell well at all - you should be able to find a leftover 09 at $20K + off MSRP
Old 03-11-2010, 08:07 PM
mtooze
Track Day

Default Thx guys

Thx folks. As I mentiioned, prefer enthusiast owned. I'm aware of the Porsche used web site. Wish there was a similar site to show the brand new inventory available. Yep....im thinking I might be able to find a brand new 09 for 80k maybe? But still more interested in private used than dealer new or dealer used (see story below).

Marcus

PS: Pics attached. Old old 2001 Black C4 cab + wife, old 2007 C2S cab parked behind my old F-car (360). Old F-car again. New L-car.

PPS: Omaha Porsche? Their problem is the terrible service manager that works their doesnt listen and communicates bad info to the mechanics! I had the 07 back in there 6 times over the life of the car to fix a torn off roof seal (roof mechanics must have been misaligned or something, everytime I closed the roof, this seal would peel off...it started doing this about 3 months into owning it from new). Anyway, in three years Id take it in for just the roof seal, or oil change or whatever it was in for, they kept saying it was fixed...id pick up the car, close the roof, and the seal would peel off again! It got to point where that a**hole service manager wouldn't even come out to look at the car in the Porsche lot...he's just say "no its fixed". I'd go out to that car, close the roof and it would peel off. I eventually returned the car at the end of the lease. Feel sorry for the guy that bought it....i KNOW they never fixed that seal problem....they just stuck a Porsche approved sticker on it with a 100k warantee and sold it on. Terrible service. I was planning on replacing the 911 with a turbo too, but they pissed me off so bad I went and bought the lambo so I'd REALLY get to know how it feels to be shafted on parts/labor and poor service LOL.
Attached Images     
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Recall that the 09 Launch Cars lack the Navigational system--silly, for the MY09 Launch Cars, in that was supposed to be one of the new enhancements in 2009.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:47 PM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by mtooze
Thx folks. As I mentiioned, prefer enthusiast owned. I'm aware of the Porsche used web site. Wish there was a similar site to show the brand new inventory available. ..... im thinking I might be able to find a brand new 09 for 80k maybe? .....
Each of the following dealers has at least one '09 C2S Aqua Cab. There are 70+ cars here. Take your pic!

Huntsville, AL
Jack Ingram, AL
Bakersfield, CA
Beverly Hills, CA
Desert European, CA
Freemont, CA (2)
Santa Barbara, CA
The Auto Gallery, CA (2)
Walter’s, CA
Prestige Imports, CO
Fairfield, CT
Hoffman, CT
Naples, FL (6-speed)
Suncoast. FL
Napelton’s, IL
Sud’s, IL (2)
D-Patric, IN
O’Daniel, IN
Tom Wood, IN
Blue Grass, KY ($82.9K)
Morong-Falmouth, ME
Annapolis, MD
Len Stoler, MD
Rockville, MD
Tischer, MD
Burlington, MA
Herb Chambers, MA (2) one with black Full Leather
Ira MA
Westwood, MA
Delta Imports, MI
Farmington Hills, MI
Howard Cooper, MI
Lavery, MI
Okemos, MI
Parktown, MO
Springfield, MO
Omaha, NE
Nashua, NH
Cherry Hill, NJ
Flemington, NJ
Newton, NJ
Buffalo, NY (3)
Langan, NY (2)
Syracuse, NY
Percormance, NC
Byers, OH
Midwestern, OH
Sunset, OR
Baker, SC
Rick Hill, TN
Corpus Christi, TX (non-S)
Momentum, TX (2)
Dave Strong’s, UT
Automaster, VT
Arlington, VA
Charlottesville, VA
Barrier, WA
Roger Jobs, WA
Spokane, WA
Bert Wolfe, WV
Concours, WI
Fox Valley, WI
International, WI
Madison, WI
Old 03-12-2010, 09:29 AM
mtooze
Track Day

Default Hey how u do that?

Hey how did you do that? I assume you must work at a dealer! Can u run that query for an new (2009) aqua/cobalt cab, C2S, NO PDK? Appreciate it.

Marcus
Old 03-12-2010, 11:33 AM
gota911
Lifetime Rennlist

No, I do not work at a Porsche dealer, or any other dealer, so I can not run the query you are requestinig. I wish you had mentioned your preference for a the 6-speed manual earlier in this thread.

Over the last few months, I have built links directly to the new 911 inventory section for all of the dealer web sites in each state. It only took me about 30 to 45 minutes last night to compile this list while I was watching some college basketball games on ESPN. There may be only one or two of them (6-speed) in inventory right now, but I don't recall at which dealer(s) they were located.

Quick Reply: Assist with 06-09 Cobalt blue cab