Sponsored by:

New Here

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Here

I have been a porsche owner for the last 2 years but I have never been a part of a Porsche forum. This is my first one. I usually am at the Lotus forum since I have been using my Lotus Exige S as something I always add mods too. However I am getting bored and want to start doing some changes to my Porsche 997 carrera 4. First I want to start with a new rim set and tires. Also want to do an aero package. After I look forward to working on the exhaust.

I know and promise to search the forum as I figure there will be a lot of info in here. But I wanted to get a head start and see if any of you guys are willing to give any input and/or share any pics that you have to give ideas......thanks everyone!!!!

Last edited by rpalomo; 09-09-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Mspeedster
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome! Nice Exige, looks like fun. The matt black stealth look is not something one sees everyday.

But since this is a Porsche forum, how about a few more pics of your C4?
Old 03-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome

Nice Exige. But Mspeedster is correct. Post some better photos of the Pcar.
There are some very good guys here that can help. Try some searches look around and Enjoy.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 PM
Carrera Mike
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome !
Old 03-06-2010, 11:31 PM
tpenta
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on comparing the two cars as I've thought of getting an Exige S myself as more of a fun go-cart car I can beat up.

Thanks,

-T
Old 03-07-2010, 01:04 AM
rpalomo
Instructor

ok as requested here are the pics...

need some new shoes- what wheel sizes is good for a 997 - i was thinking about some Asantis 20 inch with a 305.25 rear tire...is that too much, how is handeling, etc...

Last edited by rpalomo; 09-09-2013 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:16 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the group.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:32 AM
rpalomo
Instructor

Originally Posted by tpenta
I'm interested in hearing your thoughts on comparing the two cars as I've thought of getting an Exige S myself as more of a fun go-cart car I can beat up.

Thanks,

-T
Exige S is an amazing machine. I think I can safley say that The exige is quick and the Porsche is fast. of the line seems like the Exige is quicker all the way up to 100. After that I think porsche wins hands down!! Although Ive managed to squeeze out 280hp out of my exige with just 2000 pounds its a beast when it comes to acceleration and it corners like nothing else. The porsche is just more mature and more refined and more usable as a daily driver. I definitley wouldnt advice anyone to have an Exige as a Daily driver or as an only car. It doesnt even have good AC, it has one but its not ice cold, no trunk space, and the seats dont really adjust, well except for back and forth for leg room....but if you like quick and if u like hardcore and Exige is for u...Also i wouldnt say it is cheap to maintain either...a small crack to the clam shell can cost around 2000 dollars to fix. It is also hard to find good mechanics and it is also not easy to get around to work on engine parts etc...either way if i had to pick one car to own it would be a porsche but i cant imagine having no exige in my garage!!

-------------------------
07 Exige S
07 CS4
08 Ford Expedition Limited
06 Mitsubihi Eclipse - all modded out and styled to be sexy!
Old 03-07-2010, 09:53 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

If you want to change the personality of the car, try sound / performance and leave things like Aero bits off. Simple and easy things like X51 headers, AWE cats, and Softronic software can change the sound and feel / response of the car dramatically.

As to rims, I answered this in your other post. Avoid the 20s, stick with 18s if you can, 19 if you must upsize. 18s really are "perfect" for the 997 platform and something like the stock OZ Aleggerita sold by Tire Rack would look very nice on your car and increase performance. Lighter means better performance and the OZs are extremely light. The bonus is they are inexpensive! They are racing wheels, so between the sound improvement / reponse, you'll have a great package. With the OZs in 8.5 and 11" widths, you can put 235s up front and 295s in the back.

Another great thing I did recently was to get a Porsche OEM Short Shift Kit for $299 at Huntington Porsche. For under $500 installed, I really changed the personality of the driving experience.
Old 03-07-2010, 10:00 AM
theporscheguy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like the looks of the factory aero package on the 997. The nose is pretty low but I think the whole package adds a very nice touch to a great looking car.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:16 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

Originally Posted by RonCT
If you want to change the personality of the car, try sound / performance and leave things like Aero bits off. Simple and easy things like X51 headers, AWE cats, and Softronic software can change the sound and feel / response of the car dramatically.

As to rims, I answered this in your other post. Avoid the 20s, stick with 18s if you can, 19 if you must upsize. 18s really are "perfect" for the 997 platform and something like the stock OZ Aleggerita sold by Tire Rack would look very nice on your car and increase performance. Lighter means better performance and the OZs are extremely light. The bonus is they are inexpensive! They are racing wheels, so between the sound improvement / reponse, you'll have a great package. With the OZs in 8.5 and 11" widths, you can put 235s up front and 295s in the back.

Another great thing I did recently was to get a Porsche OEM Short Shift Kit for $299 at Huntington Porsche. For under $500 installed, I really changed the personality of the driving experience.
thanks, i will be looking into all this, for the performance stuff and software any websites you reccomend. I have been on fanspeed.com and see some pretty cool stuff.
Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Well, the X51 headers are really inexpensive at about $625 and you can get them through a dealer, your local Porsche shop, Suncoast Porsche (great place to get parts), etc. AWE Tuning is a good shop I've bought from before. Alex at SharkWerks is fantastic to work with - got many items from him and am 100% satisfied. Do some reading here and you'll discover the common websites other than those I mentioned above.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM
rpalomo
Instructor

Originally Posted by RonCT
Well, the X51 headers are really inexpensive at about $625 and you can get them through a dealer, your local Porsche shop, Suncoast Porsche (great place to get parts), etc. AWE Tuning is a good shop I've bought from before. Alex at SharkWerks is fantastic to work with - got many items from him and am 100% satisfied. Do some reading here and you'll discover the common websites other than those I mentioned above.
thanks for all the info- it helps a lot

Quick Reply: New Here