Sponsored by:

Random Ownership Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 02:09 AM
Bola964
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cams,
the battery on your key might be dead.... It's an '06 car.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:47 PM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

I tried the one remote this evening and nothing happened. Its enough to light up the red key button but not enough to unlock the doors or pop the trunk. I'll try the second remote and see if that changes things.

The center button doesn't do squat either so perhaps I need to close the drivers side door or have the key in the ignition before trying it?

I'll start monitoring the oil level more often...

Many thanks for the link to the 06 997 manual as that's a good read!
Old 03-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by abe
I remembered when I bought my car the salesperson spent about an hour going every details.
Don't they do that any more?
abe
Yeah, in theory but you're an old timer, perhaps a little more blase about a new Porsche (and I mean that in an envious sort of way). My 911 (on the left) was my first and my salesman was going over all the details and all I wanted to do was get on the road and drive it. He was talking, opening up the all the compartments, etc. and explaining things and all I heard was, "Blah, blah, blah" and only remember seeing a yellow blur in front of me. After about 15 minutes he figured out nothing was sinking in and mercifully said, "Well, you can figure out the rest by reading the manual" - which I did. I'm sure on the next 911 I'll pay more attention and let my sales guy go through the routine.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 AM
cviles
Unique Title
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Rouleau
If the car has been idle for about 5 days, as a security precaution, the locking system "forgets" the key. All you need do is insert the key in the drivers door lock. Twist the key to lock the car. Then unlock it by twisting the opposite way.
This isn't a security precaution so much as its something to lessen the drain on the battery. If the car hasn't been driven for a week or so, the car shuts down the transponder for the key and some other stuff to save juice since the hood and engine compartment releases are electric.

As for why the OP's key doesn't seem to do anything, I'm thinking this is a programming issue his dealer can fix.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:51 AM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=Ucube;7364635]

2) The key button on the remote should lock/unlock both doors. The trunk button should open the front bonnet.

If you have the "Indiv settings" in the "Set" menu, you need to go to the "lock" menu item and enable "both doors" for unlocking with your remote.

Sounds to me like your remote batteries are weak if you're not getting proper responses. I don't need to hold my buttons down to lock or unlock the doors. Just on click and it is done.

Spend some time with your PCM manual and checking out all the menu items. It is amazing what you can find in there.
Enjoy the car.

Quick Reply: Random Ownership Questions