Sponsored by:

997 Headrest Angle

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 11:18 AM
dsylvester
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 997 Headrest Angle

Howdy. I've had two 996s in the past, and about a week ago upgraded to a 2006 997 C4S. The car is in every way superior to my 2004 C4S, with the exception that I find the headrest extraordinarily uncomfortable. My commute is around 45 minutes each way, and by the time I get home or to work my neck is killing me. I've had some back problems in the past, and as a result having my neck thrust forward is probably a lot more uncomfortable than it would be for most people.

I've read a few notes in the forums about the headrest angle being uncomfortable, but I haven't seen reference to anybody doing anything to fix the problem. Does anybody have any ideas what can be done to make the headrest angle more upright? I know on Volvo cars the dealer will often bend the seat frame to solve a similar problem, but I don't think that will work on these seats. I'm willing to consider drastic measures and understand it might cost some real money, but if anybody has any ideas I'd love to hear them. Oh and here's another kicker: with my bad back I really need heated seats and adjustable lumbar support, so ideas like installing aftermarket racing seats are probably out.

Thanks in advance for the help!

David
Attached Images   
Old 03-07-2010, 12:10 PM
oh58driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Wife has the same problem. We found something called McCarty's Premium Sacroease Back Support.
It can be custom bent to fit your back. Fits very nicely in the Pcars seat. It will raise your sitting position a little but it works fine in our Coupe. Unfortunately it does negate the heated seat.
So I spent 100k on a car and had to buy the wife a booster seat.

Quick Reply: 997 Headrest Angle