Sponsored by:

Spoiler in action

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 11:54 PM
Schützenweber
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by simsgw
Was that shot along Coast Highway south of Laguna? Grew up on Newport Bay, but it's like they transplanted Marseilles into Monte Carlo these last few... uh, decades.[sigh]
Gary, that's Crystal Cove - my favorite stretch in OC! It's between Newport and Laguna ...
The other vid is from the Dana Point Headlands down to the Marina.

Cheers-
Old 02-23-2010, 12:08 AM
simsgw
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Schützenweber
Gary, that's Crystal Cove - my favorite stretch in OC! It's between Newport and Laguna ...
The other vid is from the Dana Point Headlands down to the Marina.

Cheers-
Got it! Cindy's family had an apartment just south of there, at the northern edge of Laguna, when she first moved to California for her fated meeting with me at high school. It butted up against the slope, and she slept on a rear veranda under the trees. Fifty-five years later, when we retired here to the Mojave for her asthma, I remembered and planted four cottonwood trees next to the bedroom window, so it brings back happy memories.

You know, from an episode I saw of Top Gear last year, it seems the French Rivera is tour bus country now. On due consideration, I think Newport Beach has overtaken it as the perfect home for a Porsche. Ferrari and Maserati owners will want to claim it too, of course.

Beautiful cars on a beautiful coastline.

Gary

Quick Reply: Spoiler in action