Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's a good price for 2010 C4S Coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 10:44 AM
clubrcr
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 28 Posts

I don't think you can compare the discounts on 2009s with potential discounts on 2010s. Th 09s has money given to the dealer from PCNA which helped them bring the discounts to the $20k mark. ThY money is not available on the 2010s.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:48 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by axhoaxho
I am looking for a Macadamia Metallic with Black comfort memory seats. The must have options for me are PSE (I know, that is a rare option, but I really love the PSE in my 997.1S), 6-speed manual transmission, PCM Navigation, Chrono Sport Package Plus, Heated Seats, Bluetooth, and Bose Sound Package.

With best regards,
Ax,

I know you said you were looking for a 2010 or 2009, but South Shore Porsche (NY) has a 2008 C4S with the x-51 Carrera Power Kit which gives it 381 HP... asking $86.9K. It has all of the options you want except Bluetooth. The interior is Full Leather Cocoa plus other leather bits.

2008 C4S Macadamia Brown

You may not want another 997.1, but I figured if you didn't know it was there, you couldn't decide if you were interested or not.

Good luck with your search. If I come across a 997.2 in Macadamia, I'll let you know.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:05 AM
axhoaxho
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Tim,

That is a nice 997.1 C4S. I currently have a 2007 997.1S (non X-51), and I am looking for something a little more different this time.

Thanks to my wife, she helped me searching on the web. She did find a few 997.2S in some Southern California dealers that have the options/colors closer (but not exactly) to what I hope for.

I am like a boy in the candy store... The more choices on the display, the more difficult for me to decide. Luckily, this is just a leasure car for me, so I am not in a big hurry.

Thanks again.

With best regards,
Old 02-17-2010, 07:54 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks Tim,

That is a nice 997.1 C4S. I currently have a 2007 997.1S (non X-51), and I am looking for something a little more different this time.

Thanks to my wife, she helped me searching on the web. She did find a few 997.2S in some Southern California dealers that have the options/colors closer (but not exactly) to what I hope for.

I am like a boy in the candy store... The more choices on the display, the more difficult for me to decide. Luckily, this is just a leasure car for me, so I am not in a big hurry.

Thanks again.

With best regards,

I totally understand. I think the 997.2 has a lot of great upgrades.

BTW, does you wife have a sister?
Old 02-19-2010, 02:10 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 443 Posts

Originally Posted by Phil G.
There's no question you can do better than 4.5% discount. Economy sucks - it's a buyer's market. I'll bet there are leftover '09's out there that can be bought right.
Concur

Originally Posted by clubrcr
Porsche might be out to make as much money they can, but they can't sell cars when people aren't buying. Last year was a tough year for a lot of car manufacturers. I would assume after having to place special money on 2009s, (which is rare for Porsche) they used it as an opportunity to limit production for a while until the cycle changes. They can limit the allocations to dealers which translates into few cars and higher gross on those cars. Having a lot of cars sitting on a lot or at the port isn't profitable for anyone. I am sure this will change later this year. I would also assume this might help the used prices rise as well.

Just my two cents....
Allocations have gone to places with $$$ to burn and economies that are either out of the recession or far into recovery. Last I heard from my dealer ALOT of 2010 allocations are going to China, Russia, Middle East and North American production/allocations have been cut drastically.

I am looking for a Macadamia Metallic with Black comfort memory seats. The must have options for me are PSE (I know, that is a rare option, but I really love the PSE in my 997.1S), 6-speed manual transmission, PCM Navigation, Chrono Sport Package Plus, Heated Seats, Bluetooth, and Bose Sound Package.

With best regards,
PSE isn't that rare and it can be added easily after the fact as can PCM 3.0 (much more expensive). Beware though...found out almost the hard way that PSE takes 12.0 dealer hours as quoted by PCNA and PC-AG to do the install. They have to re-wire the exhaust switch and module on cars that do NOT come from the factory with that option and it requires pulling the interior console and carpet, etc. Takes 12 hrs according to the tech bulletins which my sales manager DID NOT know and they quoted me a 4 hr install time whcih they couldn't meet. However being stand up guys they only charged me 4hrs labor as that was what I was quoted and made my deal on eventhough it took alot longer to do.

PCM Nav retrofit IS available; I know am getting mine installed next week when I get back in town. It IS expensive and they have to order it direct from Germany...none in the country even Suncoast Porsche has zero or had zero. Took about a month (have had my car about the same time). 4 hours labor...not as bad as PSE as its mostly plug in play but they do replace your WHOLE PCM not just click in the NAV module.

So like others have said you can update a car IF you find one that has most of what you want...althought as I found out it is likely alot cheaper to get it already ordered/installed that way. But some dealers are helpful and willing to earn your business. Also Porsche is offering a Winter Sale 20% off tequipment thru 31 March 2010 so that can help ofset your costs as well.

Good luck
Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
PSE is easily installable should you find a rig without only that.

I keep getting amazing prices for parts from Sunset Imports in Oregon.

Just sayin'.
See my note above...
Originally Posted by clubrcr
I don't think you can compare the discounts on 2009s with potential discounts on 2010s. Th 09s has money given to the dealer from PCNA which helped them bring the discounts to the $20k mark. ThY money is not available on the 2010s.
Got 21.5% off on a 2009 Carrera S coupe w/PDK and Sports Chrono 1 month ago so it is doeable but alot is timing and flexibility; you may have to accept a less optioned car and add it on later (see above) or 2nd choice of color maybe.

good luck!

Quick Reply: What's a good price for 2010 C4S Coupe?