Old 02-12-2010, 02:17 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RollingArt
Which club?

What site?
Phil
Phil, I'm a member of Redwood Region, PCA. We run at the Sonoma County airport n/o Santa Rosa. There is an abandoned runway and adjoining paved access areas that we use. It makes for a more open course than the usual parking lot layouts. I see you're in the Bay Area; PM me if you want more info.

Originally Posted by luisimo
Does the 18 inch wheels still work with PASM? I was under the impression that you need to stay with 19s when you have PSAM in your car.

Nice shoes!
You got me double checking myself on that one. In the ordering guide PASM is available on the standard Carrera with 18" wheels. If you order Sport PASM (which I have on my car) Porsche does make you choose 19" wheels, but I'm virtually certain that is a marketing strategy and not because of a design conflict. (I suppose it could affect ride height slightly)

Anyway, if you are going to mount snow tires, you must use 18" wheels, and there's nothing in the manual that says not to use snow tires with PASM or Sport PASM.
Old 02-13-2010, 08:54 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by utkinpol
Are those rear rims 10" wide or 11"?
They are 10.5".
Old 02-16-2010, 09:06 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Thanks. Annie is a ham. When the camera shows up and she's around, she's got to be in the picture!

They are genuine factory alloy take-offs, not replicas or "wheels from a manufacturer who also supplies OEM" like some of the ads I saw, and are absolutely like new. I paid $1800 from Wheel Enhancement. Ordered them Tuesday, they showed up today.
Do you mean "Like New" for the both tires/wheels (i.e. used tires), or just for wheels?
Old 02-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by alexb76
Do you mean "Like New" for the both tires/wheels (i.e. used tires), or just for wheels?
No, the price is for the wheels alone, which were absolutely like new take-offs. Not even scratches where the lug bolts were. The tires are brand new Sport Cups. Not saying I got a great bargain; I could have probably done better price wise on the wheels from a private party (still way cheaper than buying new factory wheels) but Wheel Enhancement is first class and I knew I would get what I paid for.
Old 02-16-2010, 09:53 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
No, the price is for the wheels alone, which were absolutely like new take-offs. Not even scratches where the lug bolts were. The tires are brand new Sport Cups. Not saying I got a great bargain; I could have probably done better price wise on the wheels from a private party (still way cheaper than buying new factory wheels) but Wheel Enhancement is first class and I knew I would get what I paid for.
Cool. Yeah those guys are great and know their stuff, and are specially some of the most knowledgeable around Porsche wheels and tires.

Quick Reply: Baby got 2 new pair of autoX shoes