Sponsored by:

Softronic??

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 05:32 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RonCT
It really doesn't matter which you do in what order. Once the software goes in it can / will adapt to all inputs. You can do the software first and as you change inputs, it adapts.
It also helps to disconnect power - drop off negative wire from battery - for 10-15 min after each change to exhaust/intake - re-learning process will be faster this way.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:47 PM
hausherrs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by utkinpol
It also helps to disconnect power - drop off negative wire from battery - for 10-15 min after each change to exhaust/intake - re-learning process will be faster this way.
Ahh I see, cutting power to the ECU in a way clears cache or anything dynamic stored in the ECU and re-learn from scratch once the ECU has been programmed.

Got it...

BTW - I got the car back from the dealer this weekend! I am stoked.. I learned this Saturday that it has an Aasco aluminum flywheel. Which would explain the (Moderate) "sport bike" like throttle response. I have never driven a stock 911 of any year so I have nothing to compare this one too.. But something just didn’t seem normal about the acceleration etc. Couple the flywheel with the solid motor mounts and you get a ton of feedback, which I like even for street driving.

Thanks,

Steven
Old 02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
MattAu
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I sent an email to Softronic on the weekend and they have responded this morning - great response time!
In response to your questions, yes, Softronic can turn the Sport mode on for you from our end. It would be on all of the time and does make the throttle response more sensitive.
As to refunds, Softronic does not offer refunds as our software provides a good increase in hp and torque. We do not offer "trial ware" as some companies do as this will permanently alter your DME and if your car is under warranty, it will void the warranty coverage.
Now my question is, since I have a 997S with Tip S, if the shift maps are not altered, the Tip S will still shift somewhere in the under 3500 RPM range, does that mean I won't get much benefit from Softronic?

Quick Reply: Softronic??