Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do you have a form of laser "jamming" equipment on your car?
Yes
31.67%
No
43.33%
I may add it in the future
15.00%
I probably won't in the future
10.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Laser "Jammer" in your 997?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Laser "Jammer" in your 997?

By sheer luck I was going <10 mph over the limit when my Passport lit up with the laser sound by a cop on a bike. The guy tested my speed as I approached him and then once I passed I was watching in my rearview mirror as he turned and pointed at me again - bam, another laser detection. The flow of traffic was about my speed and there are plenty of 15+mph speeders so he didn't bother to pull me over, but it made me realize the obvious fact that we're vulnerable to the laser guns.

Don't get my wrong, I like my passport and V1 (different cars) for the lazy cops who just sit with the Ka band on the entire time. I've been saved numerous time from having my spirited driving register some fun numbers on their speed guns.

Anyway, anonymous poll here and open for commentary - do you have any sort of laser jamming technology on your car? Yes, I know it is probably illegal.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:40 PM
triode
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 20 Posts

It's legal to jam laser, just not radar. And all the V1 tells us (I have one too) is that you've already been clocked by laser - there's no warning time as there is with radar, due to proximity needed to get laser reading. Driver beware!
Old 01-15-2010, 05:54 PM
brendo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's legal in WA
Old 01-15-2010, 09:22 PM
tekniik
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's illegal in California
Old 01-16-2010, 05:27 AM
Iggy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one, but the new law that was just passed makes all detectors and jammers illegal. It saved my license a number of times though...

The thing is, in Serbia, lasers and radars are nowadays used only in towns and on local roads. On all highways speeds are monitored by interceptor cars using GPS in combination with cameras. This equipment does not emit any signals, therefore cannot be detected or jammed. In several European countries there are speed cameras installed all along the highways capable of recognizing license plates and calculating average speeds of the particular car. This system is also undetectable and cannot be jammed (though many of them do not recognize license plates from outside of the European Union). Also in some countries they have speed cameras that take two photographs (incoming and outgoing) and calculate the time and distance e.g. speed, also untraceable...

Governments are spending millions of euros on this equipment, but it actually pays for itself during the first year or so, and than brings unimaginable profits.
Old 01-16-2010, 01:12 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 348 Posts

Have a V1 as well as a laser jammer.
Old 01-16-2010, 02:01 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iggy

Governments are spending millions of euros on this equipment, but it actually pays for itself during the first year or so, and than brings unimaginable profits.
Awwwwwwww [long drawn out expletive starting in f here]!!!
Old 01-16-2010, 02:46 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my Passport SRX has saved my butt more than once, usually in an area when the speed limit is ridiculous ( eg 35 on a straight unpopulated rural road)

Quick Reply: Laser "Jammer" in your 997?