Sponsored by:

Help Removing Trunk Plastic

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 11:49 AM
surfinglbi23
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjones1002
Mine is 2007 C4 with sound package plus. Amp is mounted vertically against the back wall of the trunk, below this canister. The wires run up the side in a chase behind the carpet and then enter the battery compartment through a grommet behind this canister.

I was planning to run RCA from head to amp and new wires to speakers ( 3-way componest set up front, 2-way 3.5 inch coaxial in rear). This seems to be the only passage that can handle all the wires. I thought about just using what is already there but I am not confident I know which wires are which.

if you get that canister out please post how because I might take one more swing before throwing in the towel.
Hey I'm actually not trying to remove mine, I have no need to. I am replacing my amp but just putting it in the same location as the old one and splicing in the wires. I would imagine a decent Indy or dealer could show you how to pop that right out though.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:03 PM
wjones1002
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by surfinglbi23
Hey I'm actually not trying to remove mine, I have no need to. I am replacing my amp but just putting it in the same location as the old one and splicing in the wires. I would imagine a decent Indy or dealer could show you how to pop that right out though.
I got some price quotes which kind of shocked and re-upped my courage level for this project. I think I can pop the grommet out from the back and leave this canister alone. A night sleep works wonders.

Since you are replacing the amp and splicing, maybe you can explain this mystery to me. Apologies if this is a dumb question

The Amp connector has 17 wires: power, ground, remote turn on, and seven pairs of two for rears, doors, dash tweeters, and the single dash center. How do the input signals get to the amp in order to be amplified in the first place. Or does each wire essentially have three termini at the head unit, amp, and speaker, and the amplifier just does its job being wired into the circuit like that?

Quick Reply: Help Removing Trunk Plastic