Sponsored by:

Frt Luggage area courtesy light Problem-09 CS2

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 09:09 PM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Frt Luggage area courtesy light Problem-09 CS2

What should be an easy thing to fix has not been easy so I must be missing something.
While installing a radar detector I tried to remove the lamp from its holder in the front luggage area and shorted out the contacts which immediately popped the fuse, or so I thought. I got into the fuses and found the little booklet that gives the fuse location for the different systems in the car. I did not find a listing for the front luggage area lamp so I pulled every fuse out and looked at them and did not see a blown fuse. So, then I pulled every one of them out and checked continuity and again did not find a blown fuse. I checked the lamp and the filament looks good.
Any ideas on where the fuse might be for this lamp? Is there a wiring schematic for this car that I can access online?
Thanks
Bill

Last edited by tinkerbill; 08-21-2017 at 09:11 PM. Reason: .
Old 08-21-2017, 10:22 PM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkerbill
What should be an easy thing to fix has not been easy so I must be missing something.
While installing a radar detector I tried to remove the lamp from its holder in the front luggage area and shorted out the contacts which immediately popped the fuse, or so I thought. I got into the fuses and found the little booklet that gives the fuse location for the different systems in the car. I did not find a listing for the front luggage area lamp so I pulled every fuse out and looked at them and did not see a blown fuse. So, then I pulled every one of them out and checked continuity and again did not find a blown fuse. I checked the lamp and the filament looks good.
Any ideas on where the fuse might be for this lamp? Is there a wiring schematic for this car that I can access online?
Thanks
Bill
Do the easy checks first - put a new bulb in or check with a multi-meter to see if there is power there.

Quick Reply: Frt Luggage area courtesy light Problem-09 CS2