Some idiot has bumped into me in Parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 10:51 PM
JW911
Three Wheelin'

Received 353 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I loath shopping carts.
I loathe the lazy people who can't take 60 seconds and return the shopping car and instead leave it hanging out there for the wind to send it sailing along.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:05 PM
mander
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by LlBr
IMHO? DIY touch up and forget about it. Wait until the next damaging incident then decide if it's worth it to get serious about "restoration."

Meanwhile take a tip from Buddha; the minute you drive off after delivery start calling your new car, "My old Porsche" because everything new wears out and gets banged up no matter what we do.
+1. Been there and doing that.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:29 AM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JW911
I loathe the lazy people who can't take 60 seconds and return the shopping car and instead leave it hanging out there for the wind to send it sailing along.
Yeah, there are some who are so frazzled with jobs, kids, other stuff that they leave the carts and just drive away. A few are just plain lazy.

Until I'm walking with a cane, I will take my cart back every time. Other times I will take the nearby loose carts with me into the store.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:34 AM
THE HULK
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People should look at taking their cart back as exercise, we could all use a little extra.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you guys are taking your 911s for grocery shopping?

I'm shocked.

I thought that you bought them because you were track junkies.

Make sure to get that heal and toe perfected for that entrance into the mall parking lot, LOL!
Old 01-08-2010, 01:32 AM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala

I'm shocked.

Make sure to get that heal and toe perfected for that entrance into the mall parking lot, LOL!
I buy Porsche to enjoy driving EVERYTIME I drive, one of those times is when you go grocery shopping!
Old 01-08-2010, 02:08 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I enjoy it every time I drive it too. I just thought it was funny to have so many people admit to using the car for such mundane tasks and then look down upon those who do not drive a 6 - speed.

I love irony and this is a textbook example.
Old 01-08-2010, 04:03 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A good rotary operator could get that. Seriously, if what I'm seeing in the pics is what is there, a rotary master and cans of touch up paint and clear coat should do it. It won't be concourse but only an expert would spot it and even then only if they were looking for it closely.

The key, in my experience, is to clean the wound for paint application, apply the touch up paint expertly and let it dry thoroughly, then let the rotary guy buff the whole area with mid cut, or heavier, and an appropriately aggressive pad. This will cut the physical imperfections off the top of the touch of paint AND buff out the whole area. Then finish with clear coat touch up and repeat.

I had it done once, in that order, and it looked great... color was metallic navy blue.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:40 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm shocked.

I thought we all bought these cars for cruising babes in the Walmart parking lot, is that so wrong?!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:25 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

repaint the bumper....should be $250 max at a good local paint guy same thing happened to me I had it painted for above price, and its otherwise perfect don't sweat the small stuff
Old 01-08-2010, 06:30 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I enjoy it every time I drive it too. I just thought it was funny to have so many people admit to using the car for such mundane tasks and then look down upon those who do not drive a 6 - speed.

I love irony and this is a textbook example.
I look down on people who don't drive a stick.
I also look down on people who garage their cars for the winter, and those who only drive their cars at the track.

I guess, I'm not seeing the irony. Driving to a grocery store is its own unique challenge that is just as tricky as tracking.

Quick Reply: Some idiot has bumped into me in Parking lot