997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010 | 05:36 AM
997driver
Racer

For dealership service I can't say enough good things about the guys over at Walter's Porsche in Riverside. It is only about 30 minutes away from Rancho Cucamonga, and the techs and service advisors are great. My car is out of warranty and had some faulty electrical gremlins going on last week and they got Porsche to pay for half of the parts/service. Talk to Justin or Emory.
Old 01-03-2010 | 09:32 AM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 997driver
For dealership service I can't say enough good things about the guys over at Walter's Porsche in Riverside. It is only about 30 minutes away from Rancho Cucamonga, and the techs and service advisors are great. My car is out of warranty and had some faulty electrical gremlins going on last week and they got Porsche to pay for half of the parts/service. Talk to Justin or Emory.
Thanks!
Old 01-03-2010 | 01:13 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by simsgw
I'd like to hear thoughts on this subject as well. We just bought our S from The Auto Gallery in Thousand Oaks last month and we have one return visit to take care of a couple items we negotiated with the deal. (Colored crests in the wheel centers, a couple of leather key chains, and a minor service item.)

I've spoken to the service manager a couple of times setting up our return and I'd rate his attitude as "polite but not greatly interested" if that makes sense. It occurs to me that we're used to having the finest model the dealer handles, and now we just bought a Porsche from a guy who floorplans Ferrari, Maserati and Aston Martin as well. My personal ranking of those cars won't matter to guys who can't afford any of them but know the list prices. Maybe we won't get the attentive care for our car that we demand.

Any experiences to share about dealers in Southern California?

[Just saw the other replies and learned about regional forums. Will post this question there as well.]
Thousand Oaks is close to a 100 miles from Rancho Cucamunga, I'm sure he can find one closer than that.

There is Rusnak in Pasadena, probably only about 30 miles away or so. They are pretty well known. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with them.

My almost 3 yr.old car has been virtually flawless. I do all my own service on the car and haven't needed any warranty work...

Dave
Old 01-03-2010 | 01:14 PM
Dave07997S
Burning Brakes

Forgot about them...

Dave
Old 01-03-2010 | 09:26 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Massachusetts to Calif, the taxman must love you!
Old 01-03-2010 | 09:47 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
Massachusetts to Calif, the taxman must love you!
MA and CA are competing to be the worst tax states. <G>
Old 01-03-2010 | 11:17 PM
fgv1it
Racer

Thank you as well for the info. I'll be living in Palm Desert in three weeks, and Riverside sounds like a possible alternative to Desert Motorcars. Just far enough to enjoy the rides back and forth!
Old 01-04-2010 | 04:54 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Can anyone in the SoCal area comment on either Pacific Porsche in Torrance, or Circle Porsche in Long Beach for service?
Old 01-04-2010 | 05:42 PM
steph280
Instructor

I am one of those guy who would drive a long way for good service and prices. My closest dealer is Newport Import, but I've heard nothing good about them. So I made the drive out to Walters at Riverside for my first oil change. The SA's name is Justin Usary, very professional and courteous. Work done right and on time, not to mention one of the cheapest price in LA/OC county.

Hint: mention you are a PCA/OCR member for some "added values!"
Old 01-04-2010 | 06:09 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Walter's seems like quite a trek for me, just for an oil change. So I'm still interested in hearing about Pacific Porsche or Circle Porsche if anyone has any experience with them.
Old 01-04-2010 | 08:56 PM
Da Hapa
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by steph280
I am one of those guy who would drive a long way for good service and prices. My closest dealer is Newport Import, but I've heard nothing good about them. So I made the drive out to Walters at Riverside for my first oil change. The SA's name is Justin Usary, very professional and courteous. Work done right and on time, not to mention one of the cheapest price in LA/OC county.

Hint: mention you are a PCA/OCR member for some "added values!"
1) Are they open on weekends? and
2) Did they provide loaner cars.

Like you, I'll drive further for a good experience (I currently drive to Carlsbad from Dana Point) but RiverZona is a HIKE!
Old 01-04-2010 | 09:13 PM
PVP997
Advanced

I've had some minor warranty work performed at Pacific Porsche. They treated me great and did the work in a quality and timely manner.
Old 01-04-2010 | 09:47 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Originally Posted by PVP997
I've had some minor warranty work performed at Pacific Porsche. They treated me great and did the work in a quality and timely manner.
Thanks PVP - great to know.
Old 01-05-2010 | 03:15 AM
steph280
Instructor

Originally Posted by Da Hapa
1) Are they open on weekends? and
2) Did they provide loaner cars.

Like you, I'll drive further for a good experience (I currently drive to Carlsbad from Dana Point) but RiverZona is a HIKE!
1. Not sure. Went on a weekday.
2. Not for oil change. They will provide loaner car for warranty repairs.
Old 01-05-2010 | 05:28 AM
997driver
Racer

waltersporsche.com/service-specials, print the coupon out on that address and bring it for the cheapest dealership oil change you will ever see.

Quick Reply: Porsche Dealer (Service) Southern CA