Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat Cushion/Bottom Part Source... or other advice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2009, 01:44 AM
Mineral
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Cushion/Bottom Part Source... or other advice?

I have a 2005 997S with power seats.

I recently had surgery that prevents me from driving except for short distances without having the bottom of my car seat altered in a manner that involved removing most of the padding and (depending on the seat) altering the springs.

I had this done on my other cars at an orthopedic shop recommended by my doctor. On one car, I had them use the existing seat because I don't really care about it that much. On the other, I managed to find a salvage seat for the same model: I had them alter the seat bottom from the salvaged seat and replace it for the seat bottom in my current seat. Then when I sell the car - or in a year, when I'll be "normal" again, I can replace the seat bottom and discard the torn up altered one.

I'd like to do the same for my p car. Can anyone recommend a source for seat parts for my car? I only need the bottom cushion.

Additionally, if anyone has dis-assembled a seat for these cars, I'd appreciate any tips or hints that your experience has revealed.

Thanks
Old 12-31-2009, 04:01 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

The best I can recommend is Oklahoma Foreign. Norman OK.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:09 AM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

I cannot recommend these guys (no experience) but I have heard of them:

http://www.ladismantler.com/index.ph...cl=65&cat=2954

Good luck! More power to you if you can keep driving your pcar despite your current limitations! Get well Quick!
Old 12-31-2009, 08:58 AM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also post in the wanted classifieds here and on 6Speed and maybe Pelican. A mention in the racing/DE forums might also be worthwhile. I have a pair of manual seats from our CaymanS that I think will never go back in it (Sand, fit the 997 as well) since that car is becoming a dedicated track car. I'll bet you can find what you're looking for from another track rat.

You also might consider a quality aftermarket seat - like from Recaro - from the street/tuner series and not the track seats (I'm thinking they won't be suitable but maybe they are better with their support).

BTW I think its cool that you're willing to spend to modify the seats and continue to enjoy the car!
Old 12-31-2009, 09:12 AM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

And then there's eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-PO...#ht_2965wt_988 how comfortable are you in a seat that has been involved in this much force?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...#ht_1387wt_941
Old 12-31-2009, 01:12 PM
LlBr
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts

There's that exclusively Porsche salvage company advertising in Panorama. I forgot their name. Anybody know?
Old 12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LlBr
There's that exclusively Porsche salvage company advertising in Panorama. I forgot their name. Anybody know?
Might be dC Automotive www.dcauto.com 800-579-2410

There are of course lots of advertisers but that one seems to fit the thread - looked at the Sept issue...

Trending Topics

Old 12-31-2009, 01:57 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

A pair of 997 seats is posted for sale on 6Speed in the classifieds forum - went up today I think.

Quick Reply: Seat Cushion/Bottom Part Source... or other advice?