Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 01:08 PM
tourbillon001
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I actually like trying new things out

Originally Posted by georgiadis
Especially in this economy (i.e. tough to sell cars), - P-car dealers' service is unacceptable.

They charge P-car prices => they should offer P-car service and customer satisfaction.
If they want to offer Chevy service quality and customer satisfaction, they should also offer Chevy prices.

However crappy-car-loaners can be VERY satisfying to drive! Especially if you are pissed at your dealer.
They so love to be abused!! You wouldn't want to abuse a P-car..
got a Kia mini van once from BMW and let me tell you it came in handy with family in town. Got the Yaris when dropping the lambo off, Nothing makes your lambo feel faster than driving a yaris for a day. Last time Jen dropped off her BMW she got and elentra. She said it felt like driving a hampster
Old 04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tourbillon001
Got the Yaris when dropping the lambo off, Nothing makes your lambo feel faster than driving a yaris for a day.
I can only imagine the service guy's face and demeanor..."Sir, I'll contact you when your Gallardo is ready. Meanwhile, here's your Yaris loaner."

That must've been hilarious!
Old 04-22-2010, 09:55 PM
THPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts

A Lambo dealer allows a Yaris to be parked in their lot?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:46 PM
tourbillon001
Intermediate

Default No it was a rental car

Originally Posted by THPorsche
A Lambo dealer allows a Yaris to be parked in their lot?
I was actually supposed to get a bmw loaner as they are also a bmw dealer but there did not have any so I was picked up by enterprise. The dealer was paying for my car and I personally did not feel any need to take advantage of the situation so I took the cheapest thing they had. I was just taking the car home, which is abut an hr and half drive for me, I drive faster than Riley LOL where the car was going to sit till the repair was done. It was a fun experience none the less. I like to drive just about anything once. The real funny part was when I returned the Yaris and told them I needed a ride to the Lamborghini dealership. I'm extremely laid back, and look like a bum most days so it was really fun to watch the enterprise guy look at me like I was on crack.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:13 AM
Gj325
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Took my Targa in yesterday for first year service. Since I was going to work didn't want a Pcar. Union employees might have a lay down fit. They gave me a brand new Chrysler Sebring. What a POS. That was the best car to give me to insure I will never buy a Amer made car unless Ford Truck. Next time i will request a Vw. If that car shows what Fiat has to fix. They need to close all plants and import Fiats to the Chrysler dealers.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:58 PM
996Pilot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Problem #1 = you believed a car dealership?
Problem #2 = a perfect stranger lied to you (over the phone) to get your money?
Problem #3 = you took the bait?
Problem #4 = see problem #1

Non-problem #1 = you got you car serviced in 2 hours (I'm happy when it gets moved inside 2 hours)
Non-problem #2 = nobody died
Old 04-25-2010, 04:59 PM
jakes dad
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't believe I read this thread for as long as I did....

and from what I've seen in the past on this web site I suspect it'll go another five pages...

Reminds me of the time I needed my VW fixed and they dropped off a Porsche at the house when they picked up my car....
Old 04-25-2010, 05:40 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
what sucks, is Herb (problem person from this story) is now at Bert Smith...... went today for my scheduled appt to fix car and they said they needed to make an appt for next week... so i drove an hour for an appt to make another appt... FUN!
Sounds like it's time to start over with another dealership and another service manager. No way I would leave my car in the hands of a service department hell bent on making my life difficult. Surprised to hear this about Herb btw. I dealt with him a lot when he was still at Suncoast and he always bent over backwards to please. Poured a quart of Mobil 1 in my car himself more than once free of charge.
Old 04-25-2010, 05:42 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,021 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
I can only imagine the service guy's face and demeanor..."Sir, I'll contact you when your Gallardo is ready. Meanwhile, here's your Yaris loaner."
Old 04-26-2010, 10:59 PM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 804 Likes on 443 Posts

Yeah this sucks.. Last time back in Feb when I took my car in for a PSE install and it went over the quoted install time and cost; the Sales Mgr and Service Mgr put me in a loaner Porsche eventhough it was just for a day. Wife got a loaner Cayenee once...but other times we've gotten a Ford Fusion and a Kia Fortez or whatever they call it. Would have liked a Porsche loaner but the fact that it was on their dime and that I wasn't walking 30+ miles home was okay along with the knowledge my car would be repaired correctly and promptly and most economically! So yeah a Porsche is nice but its also nice to have the rental paid for and ready for you.

On the other side...my BMW dealer ALWAYS gives me another BMW...albeit not the M-car I usually leave with them...but a 3 series or a 1 series is nice. One of the new Z4's would be very nice too!

But my last loaner from my Porsche dealership was nice...check it out!

Last edited by mdrobc1213; 12-22-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:10 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

My Porsche dealer (Bert Smith in St. Pete) either gives me or my wife a Cayenne or VW CC. The VW is really nice for a loaner. When I was driving an X5 back in 2000-2003 I always got a BMW. I bought another X5 in 2005 and the BMW loaner thing stopped and the dealership (Reeves in Tampa) used Enterprise for loaners. They were horrible. That is 1 reason I went back to Bert Smith because they do not do that plus the sales guys at Bert Smith were much better to deal with. However a service department can kill a future sale with my wife and I.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:15 AM
Alfaguy2
Racer

Its obvious the service manager promised something he had no authority to deliver and probably as soon as the owner / managing director of the place found out about it killed the idea straight away. I saw this thing happen all the time in a garage I once worked in.

Deals would be done and as soon as the manager examined the figures and if he did not like them the salesman would be told to go back to the customer and tell them he made a 'mistake'.

In Ireland VW's are almost considered a luxury brand btw.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:46 AM
A34735
Track Day

Default Break an unbroken car...!

Mistake #1: Win 'free' valet at a dealer/PCA tech event...

Mistake #2: Dropped off my dirty, mechanically perfect car, went off on a business trip. Picked it up 10 days later: instrument cluster is, well...non-functional.

Mistake #3: Car was fine when I dropped it off, is broken when I pick it up. "Guys, you'll take care of this, right?"

Dealer position? "Not our fault, blah, blah, blah. Basically, 'Go f**k yourself'

To summarize: Take an unbroken car for Porsche car-wash, have them break it for you....

The bill?

Valet $0
Wax cabrio $190
Tips $40
Tech favorite charity $250
Repair $400
or
Replace $3000

So my free car wash has/will cost: $480 or $3480.

(and I'm in the market for a new 911, but won't be buying it from these bozos...)
Old 06-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

The dealer lied to you. Don't do business with that dealer any more.

If you find a place that delivers on all counts, remain loyal and count yourself lucky. It's hard to find good service anywhere anymore.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:56 PM
mschwa3439
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't be a spoiled little whiner. VWs are fun to drive and make u appreciate your porsche even more wen u get it back. Geez

Quick Reply: Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...