Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009 | 10:31 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

I feel sorry for you ...
Old 12-13-2009 | 02:14 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Para82
My dealer always has a bottle of champagne, caviar and my choice of the Turbo or the Cayenne when I go in for service.
LOL mine too. When I take my Patek in for a new strap, I was so pissed because they only offered me a loaner that wasnt complicated. Oh the indignity of it all.

BTW - I'm JK in case any one takes this seriously.

My dealer provides rentals - paid $25 extra and got a mini (had a fun day)
Old 04-21-2010 | 10:21 PM
tourbillon001
Intermediate

Default I know Riley

personally and he is a damn good guy. He would go out of his way to help someone out. His point was he was lied too. I personally would not drive two hrs to get a P loaner, but that's not the point. As he stated he could have gone to Bert Smith or Reeves which are much closer and got a VW loaner.

I don't think he ever stated that any Porsche dealer was obligated to give him a Porsche loaner car, but it was important to him so he put in the leg work to find one that would and they took advantage of him. It was not right.

I've been very lucky to have nothing but great experiences with Bert Smith and I happen to like the CC's they give me LOL, much better than the Yaris I got when I dropped off my Lambo at Lamborghini of Sarasota.
Old 04-21-2010 | 10:58 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Diggin' up old posts....I LOVE Bert Smith...Mike O'Donnell is THE BEST...end of story...no games, no BS great guy! Ron S the GM now at Bert Smith along with Mike can make things happen and shoot you straight.
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:20 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MLindgren
The issue is having a car that has problems that need to get corrected. The OP took his car to the dealer and instead of prioritizing getting the car fixed he was focused on getting a Cayenne to drive. He should have been happy that he was even offered a loaner. BOTTOM LINE-Still wheeling around in a car with problems because he was more stubborn than the dealer. What did that get him?
The issue was the Cayenne loaner because the OP made it the issue by clearly stating his request and the sales manager confirmed the issue in agreeing to the OP's request.

The reason for the creation of the issue and repairing the P-Car was the broken 911.

The actions the OP should have taken once he was denied what was promised (the issue) was to take any loaner, get the damn car fixed, and never return to that dealer.
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:40 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tourbillon001
personally and he is a damn good guy. He would go out of his way to help someone out. His point was he was lied too. I personally would not drive two hrs to get a P loaner, but that's not the point. As he stated he could have gone to Bert Smith or Reeves which are much closer and got a VW loaner.

I don't think he ever stated that any Porsche dealer was obligated to give him a Porsche loaner car, but it was important to him so he put in the leg work to find one that would and they took advantage of him. It was not right.

I've been very lucky to have nothing but great experiences with Bert Smith and I happen to like the CC's they give me LOL, much better than the Yaris I got when I dropped off my Lambo at Lamborghini of Sarasota.
what sucks, is Herb (problem person from this story) is now at Bert Smith...... went today for my scheduled appt to fix car and they said they needed to make an appt for next week... so i drove an hour for an appt to make another appt... FUN!
Old 04-21-2010 | 11:41 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by mdrums
Diggin' up old posts....I LOVE Bert Smith...Mike O'Donnell is THE BEST...end of story...no games, no BS great guy! Ron S the GM now at Bert Smith along with Mike can make things happen and shoot you straight.
mike is great, got a 328i from him last week.. and will send him more business down the line.
Old 04-22-2010 | 12:22 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

I don't mind getting a POS loaner..... it makes getting my car back even more special.
Old 04-22-2010 | 12:43 AM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

This thread... again????
Old 04-22-2010 | 12:53 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I dont have a problem him requesting a Cayenne. If the manager says no Riley is free to do what he wants, go to a different dealer or accept the lesser loaner. The PROBLEM is the manager LYING to Riley.
THAT would **** ME off too after a two hour drive. I make some good money in a couple hours and that would be alot of wasted money on my time. If I understood I was not to get a Porsche loaner then thats one thing. Being lied to is another separate issue
Old 04-22-2010 | 01:04 AM
kurteck
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 9elf S
You've got to be kidding me...try complacency and tolerance in the face of incompetency and dishonesty. If I had to choose between the two, which I would prefer no to, I would take narcissism and entitlement. At least that behavior might spur some innovation or productivity.
Well said!

To the OP: I completely sympathize. To be lied is wrong. Period. Whether it was about something small, such as a loaner car, is irrelevant. Thanks for the feedback regarding the service manager.
Old 04-22-2010 | 03:27 AM
tourbillon001
Intermediate

well at least one thing is solid in this thread. Mike from Bert Smith is the man. I test drove a boxster spyder with him this afternoon and he is just top notch. I can't think of anyone I would rather buy a car from. My first Porsche was an awesome experience and I know my next one will be too. As long as he's selling them he will be my one stop shop.
Old 04-22-2010 | 04:28 AM
georgiadis
Advanced

Especially in this economy (i.e. tough to sell cars), - P-car dealers' service is unacceptable.

They charge P-car prices => they should offer P-car service and customer satisfaction.
If they want to offer Chevy service quality and customer satisfaction, they should also offer Chevy prices.

However crappy-car-loaners can be VERY satisfying to drive! Especially if you are pissed at your dealer.
They so love to be abused!! You wouldn't want to abuse a P-car..
Old 04-22-2010 | 08:21 AM
robbonds
Three Wheelin'

If you think this is rileys fault you are an idiot. Plain and simple. It surprises me how many of you miss the point. I'm sorry Riley that you were jerked around by the service manager and that half these responses are from people who "dont get it"
Old 04-22-2010 | 12:47 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rijowysock
what sucks, is Herb (problem person from this story) is now at Bert Smith...... went today for my scheduled appt to fix car and they said they needed to make an appt for next week... so i drove an hour for an appt to make another appt... FUN!
That is total and complete B.S.!!!!!

I would have been livid. In fact, I was when the local Ford dealer did that to me a few years ago when I brought my diesel in. It's no big deal they rescheduled an appointment, but have a little respect for another's time and have the decency to give them a phone call before they show up for their appointment.

I ended up going to the owner of the dealership.They gave me a loaner and immediately started working on my vehicle.

Work was completed under warranty, and thank God the truck never needed work again.

Last edited by Dariof; 04-22-2010 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...