Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 01:41 PM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MyEmily
I think rijo bottom line was he was lied to, misled, blow smoke up his a**, belittled as a dumba** by the service manager to take his p-car in for service. The promise of another P-Car as a loaner is secondary. To top it off, the service manager blew him off face to face by tell him "VW is all you can get" really push him off the rocker... All he can do is vent his dissatisfaction with that a**hole service manager.
+1

and the original request was not unreasonable. Dealer could have said 'no' at that point but did not. Dealer figured that once he's driven 2 hours he has a large opportunity cost by not having it fixed and driving home in protest. They just wanted the repair $.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Trak Ratt
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

X2
Originally Posted by djcxxx
Buy a car out of state for the lowest possible price and expect somebody else to provide first class service when you haven't put a dime in their pocket seems like a great way to do business. My bad. I agree that the dealer made a mistake, which was to make any promises. He should be publicly flogged. I can understand the reaction to my posting as easily as I understand why many of you agree w/ the OP. You have the right to a loaner, you have a right to a Porsche loaner, you have the right to a completely trouble free car w/ no rattles, squeaks, blemishes, or hiccups, you have the right to the lowest possible price for your Porsche, you have the right to sue if you don't get want you want, when you want it. Yeah I got it.
Originally Posted by E55AMG
I'm constantly amazed at how many threads show up on the car forums I participate on that deal with loaner cars.

While I can understand the OP being pissed that he was lied to (I'll also prescribe to the theory that there are 2 sides to every story), I can't understand the amount of effort he put into this. The first dealer's loaner policy "stunk" - what does that mean? Another dealer only used a local rental car agency. that's so terrible?

So, you'd rather drive out of your way so you can get a porsche loaner? I don't get that. When I had a benz they used Enterprise as does my local porsche dealer. I couln't care less what they gave me. most times I try to wait if I can. Bring a bagel, newspaper, blackberry, and cell phone and I'm good for the whole morning.
Noah's post is just full of LULZ!!!
Old 12-09-2009, 02:30 PM
roundel
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh...Mygod. If I had driven two hours for a Peppa and got a farfignewton, I would have slapped that bitch sales rep right in his face. Then I would have checked the time on my Royal Oak to see if there was time for me to make my exfoliation appointment while walking with my panties in a bunch.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
JackQ
Advanced

I understand that being "lied to" sucks, but expecting gold level service after you go out of state to buy your car at a lower price seem a little over the top. I agree with earlier posters that observed that the orginator may be high maintenance.

Jack
Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM
NP993
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by richc
You believed a car dealer? Do you have regular conversations with the Easter Bunny? or Santa Claus?

The OP appears to be both arrogant and stupid. Not a good combination.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Trak Ratt
Instructor

Originally Posted by Noah

Yeah baby, but "disposable income" makes up for a lot of clulessness!!!111one at least for some
Old 12-09-2009, 04:11 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

if he went there making demand off the street then yes you might say he was being high maintenance. However, he called ahead, made a deal, and then the dealer jammed him. I see no way this can be the fault of the customer who was up front about his wants, and desires, and criteria for bringing the car to this particular dealer. The dealer made the decision to lie about it, and switch the deal. There is someone at fault here, but it is not the customer who made a simple request BEFORE ever setting foot on the lot.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:34 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 58 Posts

I haven't dealt with the service manager at Beaverton, HOWEVER, while at Quattrofest, I got a flat tire, and I didn't have the tire inflation solution and had to drive to Beaverton and they were quite friendly and very very helpful.

To me, it sounds like a mis-communication, at least the service guy was very helpful so that's good and I think it ended up being a better situation as you didn't have to drive back 2-hrs.

I certainly don't care and wouldn't drive 2-hrs to another dealer just to drive a Cayenne as my loaner!
Old 12-09-2009, 04:48 PM
lupin..the..3rd
Intermediate

Pissing and moaning over a loaner? Please tell me this is some kind of a joke. Sorry, OP, you are not special. You are no different from every other customer who schleps through the dealership door. Also, you are one seriously shallow and narcissistic human being to **** and moan about driving a brand new car (VW or otherwise) as a loaner. I don't even have words to describe the stupidity that motivated you to drive FOUR HOURS round trip in the hopes of getting a different type of loaner car. Please sir, clean the sand out of your vagina and get on with your life.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:58 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Really

Originally Posted by abe
Oh brother....my cat just pissed on the carpet so I am going to kill him when I get home. What a sad thread considering there are so many other things in life to worry about.
abe
So true. No further comment as it is taking all my willpower to stay quiet on this post!!
Old 12-09-2009, 05:03 PM
bella1
Rennlist Member

Default Amen

Originally Posted by lupin..the..3rd
Pissing and moaning over a loaner? Please tell me this is some kind of a joke. Sorry, OP, you are not special. You are no different from every other customer who schleps through the dealership door. Also, you are one seriously shallow and narcissistic human being to **** and moan about driving a brand new car (VW or otherwise) as a loaner. I don't even have words to describe the stupidity that motivated you to drive FOUR HOURS round trip in the hopes of getting a different type of loaner car. Please sir, clean the sand out of your vagina and get on with your life.
Now that is good stuff! Very succinct and to the point!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

Succinct, to the point and worthy of an infraction for insults. Please take this as a reminder to avoid personal attacks.

Thanks,
Old 12-10-2009, 12:13 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Noah

No...Riley is not arrogant or stupid....he was told he could get a Cayenne...he is considering buying one....but was told when he got to the dealership he could not have one, was ignored by the service manager he set the deal up with. I can understand he is not liking being mislead....many people would not like the feeling they would get in this situation...but there are worse things to happen in the world...I know from personal experience.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:41 AM
richc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alexb76
I haven't dealt with the service manager at Beaverton, HOWEVER, while at Quattrofest, I got a flat tire, and I didn't have the tire inflation solution and had to drive to Beaverton and they were quite friendly and very very helpful.

To me, it sounds like a mis-communication, at least the service guy was very helpful so that's good and I think it ended up being a better situation as you didn't have to drive back 2-hrs.

I certainly don't care and wouldn't drive 2-hrs to another dealer just to drive a Cayenne as my loaner!
I've had my car at the Beaverton dealer for an unscheduled repair. They took it right in, fixed it fast, offered to wash it and gave me coffee. I couldn't have asked for more, it was excellent service.
Old 12-13-2009, 02:58 AM
zak911
Track Day

I can't believe how many of you are being so hard on the OP. He's NOT pissing and moaning about the loaner. He's upset about being LIED to. All of us have our own thresholds as to how picky or quirky we are. I wouldn't drive the 2 hrs he did to get the loaner he wanted. But I'd probably drive there if that was the only place to test drive the "latest and greatest". What if they promised you a smoking deal on a new purchase. To me it doesn't matter what it is. The fact that it is important to that individual is what matters. I despise liars, but unfortunately they are a common fact of life. Many do it as a normal course because they don't think that it is a big deal, or it's over something that isn't a big deal to them (ie. a loaner). That's bad enough, but when you make it apparent to that individual that it is imortant to YOU (by repeatedly stressing its importance), and they still lie to you, then it's now no longer about the item, it's about lying and integrity, important stuff that I think many of you are disregarding. Is lying now so common, that we are accepting of it? I'm not, and as others have said, speak with your feet. But I also don't see what's wrong with also posting said offense here so we can also speak with our feet if we agree. Pick on or criticize the OP for driving 2 hrs just to get a P car loaner; fair enough. But I don't think it's fair to pick on him for expecting what was repeatedly promised him. Those are two completely different issues.

Quick Reply: Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...