Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 01:00 AM
FastJohnson
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Mark on this.
My wife always get a nice loaner when she take in her BMW, but I don't look like my wife.
Johnson
Old 12-08-2009, 01:05 AM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to help. I have a Cayenne turbo S that I'll drive to Florida and loan to you while I drive your 997.2. I know, it's crazy kind of me. I'm like that.

Oh, can I stay at your place until March? It is stupid cold here.

BTW, when I go to the dealer for service I just stand outside the service area licking the window. They usually get me back on the road really quickly.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:07 AM
SY-997
Instructor

Originally Posted by mooty
i service my p car at a dealer 60 miles away from me, but there are 4 other dealers closer than that. why? i dont need appt. i just drive there, park my car there, i drove home in another porsche, i email them and my car will be fixed. then i reverse the process. i am very loyal to this service dept. and they always solve my issues. so pick a dealer you want to work with and make sure they know who you are and you want to do business with them.

i dont think dealers are required to provide loaners for you. however, servicing is the MOST lucrative part of the business, and if they want my business, i expect a loaner. this is why i dont have a ferrari, no loaners. i used to be a bimmerhead. they stopped providing loaners, so i went next door and became a porschephile, so much happier.
Which dealer do you go to?

To the OP: I support your being pissed for not getting the Cayenne when it was an express condition of your choosing that dealer and you confirmed the availability on multiple occassions. But I agree with others' advice to vote with your feet, and suggest next time you want a test drive, just talk to the sales department of a closer dealer.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:10 AM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Riley I know you hate Bert Smith but even though the service guys can be somewhat cold there, Mike the Sales manager has always treated my wife and I perfectly. I've had VW's for loaners a times for the day but the last time in when my header cracked they gave my wife a Cayenne GTS and even let her keep it an extra day.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:31 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've bought three vehicles from Suncoast...the latest being my 09C4S Launch Coupe. I've always been treated well, and have always been afforded a loaner...( I do live a distance away )....and the Service Dept has always accomodated me and if things were not right, they made them so thanks to Herb, the service manager. I regret your bad experience...though such has never been the case with me. I recommend them highly. I have no interest here other than to describe my experience with Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 AM
9elf S
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdrums
Riley I know you hate Bert Smith but even though the service guys can be somewhat cold there, Mike the Sales manager has always treated my wife and I perfectly. I've had VW's for loaners a times for the day but the last time in when my header cracked they gave my wife a Cayenne GTS and even let her keep it an extra day.
Looks like we know who got the Cayenne loaner.

Some of the responses amaze me at the level of duplicity people are willing to accept. Where indignation at unfettered lies is unreasonable. I doubt the OP is losing sleep...how can he be, he doesn't get up before noon. But where is the line where a lie becomes material?
Old 12-08-2009, 01:49 AM
schwartzwest
Instructor

I 100% agree with the OP. The issue is that he was told one thing, he conirmed his understanding, and then was essentially lied to with apparent total lack of respect and disregard for commitments made.

Anything else is extraneous to the issue. Whether or not any of you would have driven out of the way for a Porsche loaner, or would have wanted or exected one is irrelevant.

I do not tolerate poor service let alone dishonest or misleading people, and make my choices accordingly. I have not been treated well by my local Porsche dealer, and on one occasion feel quite strongly that I was either lied to, or at best dealt with by someone entirely incompetent. I do not deal with them anymore.

I feal your pain brother! Keep looking- eventually you will find someone who gives you good service. When you do, Let them know, and stick with them.
Old 12-08-2009, 05:41 AM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by schwartzwest
I 100% agree with the OP. The issue is that he was told one thing, he conirmed his understanding, and then was essentially lied to with apparent total lack of respect and disregard for commitments made.

Anything else is extraneous to the issue. Whether or not any of you would have driven out of the way for a Porsche loaner, or would have wanted or exected one is irrelevant.

I do not tolerate poor service let alone dishonest or misleading people, and make my choices accordingly. I have not been treated well by my local Porsche dealer, and on one occasion feel quite strongly that I was either lied to, or at best dealt with by someone entirely incompetent. I do not deal with them anymore.

I feal your pain brother! Keep looking- eventually you will find someone who gives you good service. When you do, Let them know, and stick with them.
The issue is having a car that has problems that need to get corrected. The OP took his car to the dealer and instead of prioritizing getting the car fixed he was focused on getting a Cayenne to drive. He should have been happy that he was even offered a loaner. BOTTOM LINE-Still wheeling around in a car with problems because he was more stubborn than the dealer. What did that get him?
Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 AM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

Narcissism and entitlement have destroyed this nation. Read this thread if you don't believe it.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:06 AM
9elf S
Instructor

Originally Posted by djcxxx
Narcissism and entitlement have destroyed this nation. Read this thread if you don't believe it.
You've got to be kidding me...try complacency and tolerance in the face of incompetency and dishonesty. If I had to choose between the two, which I would prefer no to, I would take narcissism and entitlement. At least that behavior might spur some innovation or productivity.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:09 AM
mambodoc
Pro

Seems so. Once again...I've never had to ask/insist/demand...a loaner was always provided...a Cayenne and also a Cayman when I was interested in one prior to the 977. Service had some hiccups but was always made right. I travel a considerable distance to get to them (2.25hr.) but its well worth it. I was recommended by an acquaintance who traveled the same distance. I have two, maybe three dealerships which are closer, but so far so good.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:36 AM
PDQ PDK CAYMAN S
Racer

I have had good luck with all three dealers. At Bert Smith the service is great. You mentioned "slow" I understand parts come from Atlanta which is overnight and I have never had a problem with that. I am on my 4th new Porsche and have had plenty of dealer experience in the area. I do not care what loaner I get as long as I get one. I have had rentals, VWs, Porsches. You may need to cool it and if you want to drive a certian car then see the sales manager and take a demo for a ride. Relax and enjoy your car. After 4 trips to the Ford dealer for the same problem (no loaner) they finally paid for a rental car.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:58 AM
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 196 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by djcxxx
-1.....OP was promised certain things and the dealer reneged....hell I would have been pissed as hell and stomped out never to return. Nothing narcissistic about it at all. And I dont get entitlement at all either. OP set up a deal and at the fruition of said deal the dealer lied.

Dont go back ever and thanks for posting....by the way...I use Champion in Broward and always get a cayenne and absolutely outstanding service every time.
Old 12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
tkids
Pro

I have still never met a dealership I have liked on any level. I just went through 3 dealerships with an Audi purchase and they all were unacceptable! One was crooked, one was disinterested in a sale and the last one was incompetent.

My Creed that helps me cope with dealerships:

“Auto dealerships are doing me a favor and it is a privilege for me to be able to give them my business/money and I will always be happy to accept their rude, discourtesy and always arrogant behavior.”
Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM
Bruce R
Rennlist Member

Received 463 Likes on 183 Posts

Listen, the dealers a **** but life ain't too bad when only have to be up at 10.
As others have suggested, never use them again, move on.

PS driving a VW gives you some persepctive on the automotive world. When I travel to Europe I always rent the smallest car I can. Generally I get given something bigger (MB E220 D previously) at time of rental but last time out ended up in a Citroen C1 - tiny! Driving a 1l car is actually quite entertaining. You can explore the limits of the cars capabilities without exploring the limits of the law.

Quick Reply: Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...