Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i expressed my dissatisfaction, not because i am spoiled and NEED a cayenne, but...
It's not "spoiled" to expect what you were promised.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:10 PM
MyEmily
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think rijo bottom line was he was lied to, misled, blow smoke up his a**, belittled as a dumba** by the service manager to take his p-car in for service. The promise of another P-Car as a loaner is secondary. To top it off, the service manager blew him off face to face by tell him "VW is all you can get" really push him off the rocker... All he can do is vent his dissatisfaction with that a**hole service manager.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:13 PM
MLindgren
Three Wheelin'

You should get yourself a 993 tiptronic. You get your automatic transmission and have no coolant reservoir to leak-problem solved.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:36 PM
buckwheat987
Burning Brakes

my take...

the lying part suxs and you deserve to be pissed....

but cross them off your list and move on....I don't get upset with dealers like this.

If they act like jerks I make sure that when people ask me for recommendations the bad experience is shared with the person asking.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MLindgren
You should get yourself a 993 tiptronic. You get your automatic transmission and have no coolant reservoir to leak-problem solved.
haha, if i got a 993 it would for sure be a manual.. i was always a manual guy, and a PDK naysayer but after 2 testdrives, PDK put me in my place.. tiptronic on the other hand... not a fan,
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MyEmily
I think rijo bottom line was he was lied to, misled, blow smoke up his a**, belittled as a dumba** by the service manager to take his p-car in for service. The promise of another P-Car as a loaner is secondary. To top it off, the service manager blew him off face to face by tell him "VW is all you can get" really push him off the rocker... All he can do is vent his dissatisfaction with that a**hole service manager.
True...but why not just be happy with any loaner instead of must have a P car loaner?
I am pretty sure any vw owner would have been very happy.
abe

Last edited by abe; 12-07-2009 at 10:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 PM
russo
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You have all the right in the world to be pissed, I would. The issue is not if they provide you with a given car, but the apparent lie to get you to go out there and then tell you, sorry we only provide VW's. Indeed, you got the car serviced, I, on the other hand, would have told them to jump in a lake. This is not a question of being spoiled, it's a question of outright lying, or at best, a service manager that was terribly informed.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:12 PM
jcnesq
Miserable Old Bastard
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 122 Posts

My dealer had a fleet of Cayenne loaners for a few years but has cut way back with the economy. However, the Porsche/Audi/VW General Manager just bought the house around the corner from me and told me anytime I need service to let him know and he'll take it in. How's that for service? (We've been friends for many years.)
Old 12-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Ucube
Three Wheelin'

I can see the OP's point in principle, but like others have said, it's not worth getting all worked up over it. I would've just taken the VW loaner and never go back again for service. Maybe the service manager had a bad day or changed his mind. Either way, if he's never going to get your business again, then who cares?

How does that proverb go again?

May God grant me the courage to change the things I can control,
The serenity to accept those I cannot,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 PM
At Law
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uzj100
If you got up before the crack of noon, this would have never happened
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I need a job where I can get up at ten or so in the morning on
a Monday.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:57 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by At Law
That's exactly what I was thinking.

I need a job where I can get up at ten or so in the morning on
a Monday.
im trying to work on the above guys serenity and lack of inducing stress, so waking up around noon is a must.. lol. the economy is crap anyways, why work and make almost nothing is my standpoint?
Old 12-07-2009, 11:48 PM
josephla
Instructor

Chill out!
Old 12-08-2009, 12:27 AM
jsmirand
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The loaner model is important to you, and maybe somehow that wasn't sufficiently comprehended by the service manager. The service manager probably BS'd you thinking if a Cayenne was around he'd give it to you, but if they were out of them by noon, hey, whatever, the more important piece is to get the car fixed and get the customer on their way.

If you are considering buying a Cayenne, then this piece of the transaction was probably important to you in order to evaluate the car. I wonder if the sales department might have closed that gap for you?

To me, and maybe many others, time is more important - I would take a Honda Civic if I could drop my car 10 minutes away instead of taking a Cayenne loaner that requires dropping my car off 40 minutes away.

As for life is short, some credence there. I sat with a family member in chemotherapy for 7 hours today. To my right, a man fighting lung cancer. Across the room, a young man fighting another cancer. In the lobby, I spoke with a man and his wife, she is 35 years old, has pancreatic cancer, metastasized into her kidney, and frankly her chances of being around 5 years are < 5%. So in that context, yes, truly, who gives a sh&t about the loaner you get while dropping off a car? (sorry, my side rant).
Old 12-08-2009, 12:35 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

i service my p car at a dealer 60 miles away from me, but there are 4 other dealers closer than that. why? i dont need appt. i just drive there, park my car there, i drove home in another porsche, i email them and my car will be fixed. then i reverse the process. i am very loyal to this service dept. and they always solve my issues. so pick a dealer you want to work with and make sure they know who you are and you want to do business with them.

i dont think dealers are required to provide loaners for you. however, servicing is the MOST lucrative part of the business, and if they want my business, i expect a loaner. this is why i dont have a ferrari, no loaners. i used to be a bimmerhead. they stopped providing loaners, so i went next door and became a porschephile, so much happier.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 AM
number9ine
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I shouldn't bother posting this, but what the hell. I like the T-reg and would've taken it (or anything else they gave me) for the day. But I like to drive anything and everything for the hell of it.

Shame on them I suppose for not offering the car they promised, but you're only hurting yourself if you lose sleep over it. Vote with your wallet the next time and NEVER expect a dealer to keep their word on the small stuff (and this is pretty damn small!) unless it's a line item on your bill.

Mark

Quick Reply: Another Porsche Dealer Drops the Ball...