Sponsored by:

997.2: Anyone chipped already ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 01:05 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 964C4
I totally agree with this statement, however I have a Sharkwerks bypass pipe together with Tubi side mufflers

I'd say my car has now 10HP more or so than stock

If I flash the ECU I should get another 10HP ?

It means, extracting about 20HP from aftermarket parts is my goal and I just want to know if I am being realistic or not ?
I have the same exhaust system and can not tell a difference in power from stock...numb butt I guess.

Before this I had the Fabspeed side muffler delete pipes so that I was just using the center rear muffler. Very load like a race car, a little less low end torque I felt. But I think that set up netted better 5-7K power. Hard to tell though.
Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 PM
RON1X
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate to bump such an old thread, but there isn't too much info on this topic. I still think the value probably isn't there for the rather limited gains, but would like to hear if there are more people that have tuned their DFI engines and care to give some impressions on the driveability.

I have the 3.6L so I'd really like to get some extra TQ if possible...
EVOMSit, GIAC (only for the 3.8L), Softronic, FVD, APR (can't confirm they tune the DFI engines) and now Vivid Racing are doing tunes (Im sure I forgot someone).

Quick Reply: 997.2: Anyone chipped already ?