Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"no front license ticket" - ever get one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
We have a winner!

Scrubs outside the hospital = laziness and convenience. BTDT. And among younger residents = look at me, I'm a doctor. Geographical differences too. Where I am now it is declasse to wear them outside the buildings. In my residency everyone did it.

Thinking about MD plates for my Land Cruiser, but never on the p-car. That would be almost as stupid as the bumper sticker I really want:
Saying in jest:

I've seen "ad hominem" and "declasse" in your posts. Erudite as you appear to be by using such terms properly, I can't believe, given the nature of this thread, that you haven't found a way to work in "en flagrante delicto".

Just wanted you to be able to say that you have been picked on here (see other thread on Forum behavior).

I'm just kidding - sorry but I couldn't resist. (Your car and vocabulary are probably faster/better than mine if that's any consolation.)
Old 11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
dD/dt
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been saving that one. Now I just need someone to ask a question about being pulled over by a female cop or (God forbid) noticing that his mechanic wears tight pants.

Waiting...
Old 11-18-2009, 03:55 PM
dD/dt
Racer

Originally Posted by crw
As an ED MD - regular clothes are not realistic. We treat alot of members of society who would be happy to grab your tie and strangle you.

I wear a coat, so they don't get contaminated.

Real germs are not on scrubs - there on food that you eat in any fancy restaurant. I have a realtive who is a cook and you would not believe some of the things that go on - santiary issues, re-use of food, left overs and so on...

I often get out of work in the middle of the night and don't have the desire, time, or energy to change into clothes.

Not intersted in a MD plate - too much of a target.

I have not seen a MD plate in 20 years - it's too much of a liability.
---------------

I found what really works to avoid tickets is:

1. Drop the "I just got out of/was going to work" and I must not have been paying attention.

2. Be polite and fess up.

Works all of the time.

----------------

I go out of my way 100% to make officers job easier and get them on their way when I am involved with them professionally. They have a tough job and society has put alot of linits oin them with regard to how they deal with people that the avergae guy on the street would not hesitate to deck in a moment.

------------------

Carrying the plate in the car on a frame sounds like the best idea to me.
Sorry, I should have said laziness OR convenience -- and I'd wear nothing but scrubs to the ED as well. It's funny, every hospital has the signage about not wearing scrubs outside. But where I am now, at least with the surgeons, it's really frowned upon to wear scrubs outside the building. Oh well, when in Rome.....

My plate is in the trunk, mounted on the bracket. It just fell off, and I was on my way to the dealership to have it remounted. Honest, officer.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Axxlrod
Instructor

I haven't received a no front plate ticket yet. I say yet because here in broke-*** CA, all the law enforcement agencies are now seen more as revenue-generators than as public protectors. The police are now looking for no front plates, and will pull you over for that reason alone. And to make it worse, many officers will check the box "non-correctable" and now the ticket is $300 or $400 instead of a $25 fix-it ticket.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Rambler358
Instructor

Originally Posted by Axxlrod
I haven't received a no front plate ticket yet. I say yet because here in broke-*** CA, all the law enforcement agencies are now seen more as revenue-generators than as public protectors. The police are now looking for no front plates, and will pull you over for that reason alone. And to make it worse, many officers will check the box "non-correctable" and now the ticket is $300 or $400 instead of a $25 fix-it ticket.
So if the ticket is marked "non-correctable", then you can only get fined for it once?
Old 11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That would be soooo much bs to get a ticket $300-400 for no front plate. Makes me want to go postal and march all the way to Sacramento! I love our CA climate but I can't stand the politics, corruption, mismanagement of our state!
When I become King, alot of things are going to change....
abe

Last edited by abe; 11-19-2009 at 03:56 AM.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:34 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rambler, You are right about the cops out for blood in LA bc of the budget. But how is the lack of a front plate non-correctable?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:09 PM
Rolf Stumberger
Racer

I make a plate holder which installs into the front tow hook inlet.
There are no holes to drill , nothing touches the bumper and it installs in just a few minutes.
I have them for 911's and Boxter /Caymans
If you need one you can contact me at :
stumberger_r@msn.com
cost is $ 37.50 including shipping in US
Attached Images    
Old 11-18-2009, 10:19 PM
Axxlrod
Instructor

In CA when you get a ticket for a non-moving violation, one of two boxes gets checked... "correctable" or "non-correctable". Back in the good ol days, before the state was broke, the "correctable" box was always checked. This made the ticket a "fix-it" ticket. Usually a small fee and you had to fix the problem and then get it signed off by a police offer with in 30 days. Now, due to the financial crisis, the police are checking the "non-correctable" box. This means you can't just pay the small fine and "fix it". You now don't get a chance to fix it. They stick you with a much larger fine, in the $300+ range. And you don't have to fix the prob and get it signed off. Probably because they'd rather you not fix it, so they can keep ticketing you for more $.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:26 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

I have Rolf's (JCS) mounting plate. It is well made and light.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:32 PM
997, esq
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In CA when you get a ticket for a non-moving violation, one of two boxes gets checked... "correctable" or "non-correctable". Back in the good ol days, before the state was broke, the "correctable" box was always checked. This made the ticket a "fix-it" ticket. Usually a small fee and you had to fix the problem and then get it signed off by a police offer with in 30 days. Now, due to the financial crisis, the police are checking the "non-correctable" box. This means you can't just pay the small fine and "fix it". You now don't get a chance to fix it. They stick you with a much larger fine, in the $300+ range. And you don't have to fix the prob and get it signed off. Probably because they'd rather you not fix it, so they can keep ticketing you for more $.
These are depressing times. Unbelieveable that we would allow a cop to call a correctable offense "noncorrectable" for the purposes of ticket writing and revenue generation. Wonder if they will do the same for having a tail light out ... Do we really need to be hitting people up for $300 for things like this?
Old 11-18-2009, 10:48 PM
dD/dt
Racer

I don't want to be rash and apply logic to the judicial system, but if they check "non-correctable," how can they ever give you a ticket for this again?

Isn't there something in the Constitution about being tried twice for the same crime?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:05 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 397 Likes on 271 Posts

I don't want to be rash and apply logic to the judicial system, but if they check "non-correctable," how can they ever give you a ticket for this again?

Isn't there something in the Constitution about being tried twice for the same crime?

Interesting observation. Let's hear from the the members who are attorneys.

Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This has nothing to do with the Fifth Amendment. And Mr. Axlerod is clearly incorrect, if that is what he meant.

Anyone can obviously correct and "fix the problem" such as a broken taillight so you won't get cited again for it -- who in their right mind would think you're prevented from doing so? A little logic goes a long way, people.

COP: I pulled you over because I see you fixed your broken taillight that I wrote you up for last week. I'm now gonna hafta cite you for having a motor vehicle that conforms to state laws.

Also, anyone can most certainly be convicted for the same offense twice. It is no defense to tell a police officer that you were already written up for that broken taillight, making it unconstitutional and therefore illegal for him to write you up for the same offense again. Yeah, good luck with that.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 AM
Rambler358
Instructor

Originally Posted by OCBen
It is no defense to tell a police officer that you were already written up for that broken taillight, making it unconstitutional and therefore illegal for him to write you up for the same offense again. Yeah, good luck with that.
What showing him the original ticket indicating it's marked as "non-correctable"?

Quick Reply: "no front license ticket" - ever get one?