Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"no front license ticket" - ever get one?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
LagunaDallas
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm taking my chances but have been pulled over once for it. It was late on a Saturday night in an area full of bars and I know they wanted to see if I had been drinking. I ended up with the no-plate ticket and paid a ridiculous fee (I think it was $150) for the privilege to get it tossed out and not have to put a plate on. The court clerk told me the 'fix-it' process to save me money (using the tow hook) required coming back down to the courthouse on a separate day and going in front of the judge with my evidence. Forget that...waste of my time and taxpayer money with the judge's time.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:50 PM
beachview
Instructor

I am in West LA and since summer have received at least 5 citations for no front plate. I pay the $25 every time except this last time I actually got a notice to appear. So, I had to buy a tow hook mod and get it signed off by CHP. Getting quite annoying, but worth it!
Old 11-17-2009, 10:03 PM
go-C4S-injune
Instructor

well, I feel like a green newbie that I am: I just said drill baby drill, cuz I drive the thing everyday, at above legal speeds and the last thing I need is additional hassle and cost. Personally, I dont think it's that big of a deal. At least my plates are nicely centered in the front.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:15 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Scrubs are used to keep from bringing germs into a sterile or semi sterile evironment like the operating room. Who cares when you leave the hospital...when you go back into the operating you do not use the same scrubs...you change into new ones. Some physicians wear scrubs in the office for convenience and has nothing to do with sterility.
I personally would not want to advertise my profession either by what I wear or placing in the license plate. You never know when some bad guy may do bad things to you...plus some people think its flaunting your wealth or position by doing it.
IMHO
abe

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
O.T.- why do some medical professionals wear scrubs outside of the hospital? I thought the whole idea is to contain and control germs and contamination to the proper environment.
Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 PM
No HTwo O
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by abe
Scrubs are used to keep from bringing germs into a sterile or semi sterile evironment like the operating room. Who cares when you leave the hospital...when you go back into the operating you do not use the same scrubs...you change into new ones. Some physicians wear scrubs in the office for convenience and has nothing to do with sterility.
I personally would not want to advertise my profession either by what I wear or placing in the license plate. You never know when some bad guy may do bad things to you...plus some people think its flaunting your wealth or position by doing it.
IMHO
abe
But, that's my point, Abe. Let say I am sitting in Starbucks, and some medical professional walks in with scrubs on. I'm thinking gross! How do I know if they are clean or dirty.
Old 11-17-2009, 11:50 PM
tooloud10
Team Owner

Received 194 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by No HTwo O
O.T.- why do some medical professionals wear scrubs outside of the hospital? I thought the whole idea is to contain and control germs and contamination to the proper environment.
Because driving home from the hospital naked is probably more expensive than the plate ticket?
Old 11-18-2009, 12:52 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

Hell--I'd wear the scrubs every time I'm speeding if it got me off!
Old 11-18-2009, 08:06 AM
dD/dt
Racer

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Hell--I'd wear the scrubs every time I'm speeding if it got me off!
We have a winner!

Never gotten a ticket while wearing scrubs. I've worn scrubs to court also, which is helpful. Not a ploy, but because I was stepping out of work for a few hours.

Scrubs outside the hospital = laziness and convenience. BTDT. And among younger residents = look at me, I'm a doctor. Geographical differences too. Where I am now it is declasse to wear them outside the buildings. In my residency everyone did it.

Thinking about MD plates for my Land Cruiser, but never on the p-car. That would be almost as stupid as the bumper sticker I really want:
Attached Images  
Old 11-18-2009, 08:31 AM
Spiffyjiff
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dD/dt
From what I hear, they don't spend a lot of time hassling people with sports cars (like this) -- it's more of a 'tack-on' offense for people breaking other laws.
+1 from what i've heard as well. like overly tinted windows and coffee can exhausts. too much paperwork (??) for a primary offense but they will tack on.

i'm in MD and got pulled over for 86 in a 65 (long story short, completed a driver improvement program BEFORE asked by judge/court date, and only got PBJ) but first thing the trooper asked me "where's your front plate??" apparently that's where the like to flash the radar because it reflects the best. i always keep my plate in my trunk and told him so. altho i got the speeding ticket, i did not get a tack on.
Old 11-18-2009, 08:51 AM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by go-C4S-injune
well, I feel like a green newbie that I am: I just said drill baby drill, cuz I drive the thing everyday, at above legal speeds and the last thing I need is additional hassle and cost. Personally, I dont think it's that big of a deal. At least my plates are nicely centered in the front.
Ditto...my DC area commute passes through a dozen or so police jurisdications...the aesthetics aren't worth the potential legal hassle.
Old 11-18-2009, 10:14 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Recently pulled over near Dallas. Got a warning.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:04 AM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to restart the North v south threads but no front plate requirment in SC, also no vehicle inspections.....
Old 11-18-2009, 12:02 PM
crw
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

As an ED MD - regular clothes are not realistic. We treat alot of members of society who would be happy to grab your tie and strangle you.

I wear a coat, so they don't get contaminated.

Real germs are not on scrubs - there on food that you eat in any fancy restaurant. I have a realtive who is a cook and you would not believe some of the things that go on - santiary issues, re-use of food, left overs and so on...

I often get out of work in the middle of the night and don't have the desire, time, or energy to change into clothes.

Not intersted in a MD plate - too much of a target.

I have not seen a MD plate in 20 years - it's too much of a liability.
---------------

I found what really works to avoid tickets is:

1. Drop the "I just got out of/was going to work" and I must not have been paying attention.

2. Be polite and fess up.

Works all of the time.

----------------

I go out of my way 100% to make officers job easier and get them on their way when I am involved with them professionally. They have a tough job and society has put alot of linits oin them with regard to how they deal with people that the avergae guy on the street would not hesitate to deck in a moment.

------------------

Carrying the plate in the car on a frame sounds like the best idea to me.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:10 PM
wwest
Drifting

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Buy vanity plates, lose the front one, place a replacement order ($13 WA) and keep the reciept close at hand.

It takes FOREVER for the state to print a new vanity plate.......especially if it NEVER comes in the mail.

Renew the receipt at least once a year.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:36 PM
crw
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 210 Posts

Clever

Quick Reply: "no front license ticket" - ever get one?