Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning about Jordan Transervice!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 02:32 PM
timabe
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning about Jordan Transervice!

Warning about Jordan Transervice! We had a terrible experience with this fly-by-night operation and felt we could at least warn other Rennlisters of the danger.

On September 14th a buddy (future Rennlist member!) and I closed to deal to purchase a 2007 C4S from a private seller near San Diego. After the car passed PPI with flying colors, I shopped the car haulers available, and finally selected Jordan Transervice because they were already in the area on another pickup and could get the car to me the fastest. In hindsight this was probably not the best criteria to select a carrier….

On September 15th Jordan Transervice picked up the car. The PO was kind enough to give us his Porsche car cover (thank God or it would have been even worse). The car was loaded up, strapped down, and started heading east to Kansas City.

Four days later the car arrived. Here is what we received:

1. The first thing we noticed was that an ancient dilapidated station wagon was loaded ABOVE my car, and it dripped oil and antifreeze the entire way. It wasn't just a small drip. There was a nice puddle of both fluids on the car cover.

2. The driver who strapped the car down managed to place the strap buckle right against the rear wheel. The buckle took out a chunk of the wheel, and I'm told it can't be repaired.

3. The straps we placed under the cover and managed to rub into the paint. My body shop says they can buff this out.

4. Another of the strap buckles (placed directly against the paint) put a small dent in the rear driver's side fender. Again, it should be an easy repair for my body guy but, come on.

End result: $2,200.00 worth of damage. Not an end of the world deal, but it was the carrier’s response that really set me off.

We took photos and immediately called the carrier. Jason answered and said that he would get back to us. Since then, nothing. We involved the broker who also called Jason. The broker reported that Jason hung up on him. I tracked down their insurance company who called Jason (with me on conference) and Jason hung up on him. Apparently, their deductible is $5,000 and they simply do not have the money.

If a carrier cannot afford a lousy $2,200.00 claim then they should not be in this business.

They may have been good in the past, but things have changed. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Old 11-12-2009, 02:44 PM
ADias
Nordschleife Master

Received 395 Likes on 271 Posts

InterCity Lines is the one to use.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:44 PM
PHDX2
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for sharing this and sorry to hear of your troubles.

So what actions do you plan to take against the company?
Old 11-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
+10

Best delivery I've ever experienced was the new '09 from Intercity.

At least it's not a total tragic loss. Sounds like an inexperienced hauler/driver, but hopefully the cosmetic fixes will get it all back to standard. Bummer.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 11-12-2009, 06:23 PM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sue their lame asses snd hopefully put them out of business. Anyone can make a mistake but they should assume financial responsibility for their negligence (yes, I said that).
Old 11-12-2009, 06:50 PM
red89
Racer

Why would anybody use a transporter other than InterCity?
I just got my 96 delivered, no stories.
No station wagon on top, but there was Panamera CutAway on board on the way back to Zuffenhausen. Probably worth a million bucks.

Thank You Maurice at InterCity
Attached Images  
Old 11-12-2009, 11:16 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

If you paid by cc contest the charge.
Old 11-12-2009, 11:34 PM
Charlie C
Porsche Nut
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by ADias
I have to agree. Just had InterCity ship my wife's Lexus from MA to CA. Jerry, the driver was exceptionally professional and very thorough. He ran straps along the tread of each tire so the strap ONLY touched the tire, NOT the wheel. He also put a cloth car cover AND a sheet of plastic OVER the cloth car cover and of course the car arrived on time and in perfect shape. I'll be using them again with my P car.

I checked out different companies and I know you might find a cheaper rate, but I don't think you'll find a better company to ship with.

(no affiliation other than being a satisfied customer)
Old 11-13-2009, 12:49 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

I'm sorry that you had to learn this by a bad experience. But your posting this here is precisely WHY we are here on Rennlist--to read and learn. If a businessman doesn't understand his contractual obligation to safeguard someone's property under his control while enroute, they should be shown the door. I hope that you can reach a satisfactory conclusion.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:05 AM
BobbyB
Addict
Rennlist Member

WOW, sorry to hear of your troubles. Thx for posting.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:38 PM
timabe
Instructor

Thanks for the comments. That's why I love this place!

The broker's insurance company is trying to help, so at least there's hope that someone will do the right thing. Lucky for us it was only $2,200.00 worth of damage. It's just high enough to thoroughly **** me off and compel me to ensure that other Rennlisters don't make the same mistake.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:53 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Put it through you insurance at least.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:59 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

I'm sorry to hear your woes. I know I'd be very upset. I'm amazed they hung up with their own insurance guy on the horn. Sounds like their business may be at the end of the line.

Quick Reply: Warning about Jordan Transervice!